• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

greenlake17

greenlake17

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

It's been happening all day/night today.  Nexus mod manager disables mods by itself, some of the mods it disables are needed by other main mods like disabling Campfire which is needed for Frostfall. Somehow the game client, through steam, has even disabled Update.esm by itself among many other mods.  I keep going to the plugin section in NMM and keep manually trying to enable them, but when the game loads they are disabled again.  I even have those mods enabled in the mods section, but in the plugin section NMM disables them, and when I try to play the game CTD.

b630e3c9-331f-4c6c-bffb-debbe5703ef4_zps

Anyone else having this problem? or does anyone know how to fix it?

Edited by greenlake17, 06 November 2016 - 03:58 AM.

Tmkcd

Tmkcd

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts

same thing was happening to me. try running nmm as admin then uninstalling and re installing mods that were affected. and try to always run as admin.

Audi0S0n1c

Audi0S0n1c

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Admin actually worked, for days i thought it was something in my ini files. is there anyway i can always have admin enabled when using NMM

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

For Windows 10 ( and possibly Windows 8 ) users, you'll have to right-click on "Nexus Mod Manager" and go to "More" > "Open file location" first.

1. Right-click on the "Nexus Mod Manager" shortcut icon
  2. Select "Properties"
  3. Go to the "Compatibility" tab
  4. Enable "Run this program as an administrator"
  5. Click on "OK"

Note: You will have to do this every time you have updated NMM.

SpinalGalloway

SpinalGalloway

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts

The same thing is happening to me, but it is only with texture-only mods. In fact, I think no textures are being loaded from mods at all. In examining the modlist.xml file for the profile(s) I'm having trouble with in Skyrim SE, the files in question have no <fileLink> section to their references, and I can find no references to any .dds or .nif files in the entire modlist file. Attached File  modlist.xml   175.98KB   29 downloads (In contrast, in the modlist.xml file for one of my Fallout 4 profiles there are plenty of links for .dds and .nif.)

1) I'm running NMM as administrator.

2) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mods in question.

3) I thought this was happening as soon as I quit NMM, since the mods show as enabled until I restart NMM, but if they are being improperly entered into the modlist.xml file I don't think they would ever work properly.

4) The game is loaded onto an external SSD, but the file paths are set correctly in NMM.

I have attached the modlist.xml if anyone can give it a look and offer advice. This is tremendously frustrating!

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

@SpinalGalloway

Is Fallout 4 also installed on your external SSD? Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of NMM?

Clean Install Note: be sure to remember what the paths for Mods folder, Install Info, and Virtual Install for all of your games before doing the following.

1. Uninstall NMM
  2. Remove all contents and settings when asked
  3. Run CCleaner to clean out the NMM registry keys
  4. Reinstall NMM

I'm currently having problems trying to download your file for some reason so I'll have to get back to you on that later.

SpinalGalloway

SpinalGalloway

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts

@SpinalGalloway

Is Fallout 4 also installed on your external SSD? Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of NMM?

Clean Install Note: be sure to remember what the paths for Mods folder, Install Info, and Virtual Install for all of your games before doing the following.

1. Uninstall NMM
  2. Remove all contents and settings when asked
  3. Run CCleaner to clean out the NMM registry keys
  4. Reinstall NMM

I'm currently having problems trying to download your file for some reason so I'll have to get back to you on that later.

My Fallout 4 is NOT on the external SSD, but is on an internal SSD (separate from my internal SSD that has Windows 10) where I keep most of my games. I have the original Skyrim on one external SSD (modded with Mod Organizer), and a second external SSD has both Skyrim Spec Ed and one other game (No Man's Sky) that I haven't tried modding. I have NOT done a clean install of NMM, since I use it to mod all my Fallout games and it has no problems there, so I'd rather not upset the apple cart if I don't have to.

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

Other than trying a clean install stated above, I would say to look into anti-virus programs, permissions, accessibility, and even the type of file system the drives are using.

dragonoftheendtime

dragonoftheendtime

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

is there a way to fix this ive been haveing it for a wile now and nothing i do fixes can anyone help me with this 

enmonjea

enmonjea

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Seems like making plugins.txt read-only might help

Page loaded in: 1.255 seconds