Ughhhh, a preview of Absurdness

RopeSander

I find the PCGaming mainstream view of the SSE release to be so out of touch with the fan base that provided Bethesda for a purpose to even re-release this game, to be revolting and misguided.

For any who have long modded Skyrim, if they can explain how SSE truly provides a better base for modding, feel free... however I can't help but feel like it will divide the efforts of the community. (I am interested to hear how users have experienced performance boosts on 64-bit systems.).

"Hopefully, a lot of these mods will eventually be reworked for this new version, but until then, it’s almost competing with a game that’s had five years of mod support and evolution."

Reading this comment from the link below was reason enough for me to express some frustration... because the fact is that it's currently far out classed, if PC Modding for Bethesda games was never followed, they would not be able to reliably offer the things they do now. I personally hope the modding community does not abandon mod production for the 'non-SSE' version.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/skyrim-special-edition-2016/skyrim-special-edition-pc-port-review-mods

It has definitely divided the community. It won't spell the end of Skyrim modding or anything, but once paid mods become a thing for the SE (and that is precisely what is going to happen), authors will be sorely disappointed in the profit margins, because just under half their old supporters won't be playing the SE, let alone paying for mods for it. So the SE will definitely diminish interest in the activity in the long run.

But I shouldn't be saying such things in this pro-SE echo chamber. They don't like that.

Read to the bottom of the article. It renders a "Failed" verdict on SSE, and the last paragraph says why, the same reasons a lot of us do.

I was also amused that anyone going to the SSE download page got treated to the Rock Paper Scissors "wiping a toilet seat" statement review snippet.

I have not seen many non-biased game reviewers give SSE an unqualified enthusiastic review. Beth instead shipped out to a lot of Generic popular console UTubers who hadn't touched Skyrim in years and gave overinflated hype reviews because of that, at least from what I saw. Beth looked for Utubers with high views as advertising, not reviews.. all Hype.

Frankly, SE is for console people. They pay. It was free to PC users because there was little reason for a modded LE PC player to shell out money for it, and they need the PC base to create and test the Console mods. In my Opinion. And in spite of my low opinion of SSE on PC, I did give my young Daughter in law a Steam Card to buy it for her XBox 1 so she could run a modded game. It has value there. I just don't want it on my PC. Not for a long time. I can't justify buying a new PC for a single game that I am already playing with 150+ mods and am happy with.

But w/e. The deed is done. All that is left is dealing with the Fallout /rimshot.

Edited by TeofaTsavo

I'm happy to see the responses to this so far, I agree the SE version is aimed at console users, hell Bethesda said that when they tried to move paid mods on the community awhile back and it blew up in their faces that they had PLANNED on bringing it back to the playing field.

Honestly the more I look at it, the more it seems like Bethesda is using the fan base for The Elder Scrolls as a experiment to see how much more they can delve into the gaming community for the pure sake of profit, because I's have to be damned to think that Bethesda's staff doesn't have a clue about where s#*! is aiming... and I will never forget playing Skyrim and thinking one most important thought. "There is no other game that could have been released with so many bugs and make as much success." because let's face it, maybe the engine has changed since The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, but honestly I don't think that much, and it's popularity gave Bethesda a good scapegoat for their future endeavors.

I hope that line of thinking is wrong, but I can't dismiss the sneaking suspicion.