I Got Banned

buddah

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a warning - the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up. Many of those banned just dove right into the forum 'assuming' we absolutely MUST have the exact same ToS as places like 4chan - without bothering with actually reading the forums to see just what the tone and culture here was.

Warnings are for people who actually try to follow rules and make a mistake - Bans for those who think being a jerk is acceptable everywhere on the internet.

We do have some instant ban offenses. Piracy is the biggest. If you don't support the game maker by paying for their product - then why should we support you (or even tolerate you) for ruining gaming for the rest of us?

Had to share an (unsuccessful) Ban Appeal with the Community to make a point:

I am a Canadian and I have done nothing illegal in my country.

"Pirated version of skyrim" was my ban excuse, and reading over your forum the reason this is a no-questions asked ban is because of the illegality of pirating. In Canada, file sharing is allowed for personal and non-profit use, I am a Canadian citizen who shared a file via a p2p network and installed a shared copy of bethesda's skyrim.

I have done nothing wrong by law, and I believe your site should reflect that.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_in_Canada

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/12/anti-piracy-firm-wants-to-bring-u-s-style-copyright-lawsuits-to-canada/

I would also submit that I'll stream myself on twitch.tv chopping my own balls off if even 10% of the user base to this site has never once downloaded a song/movie/videogame/etc etc etc. If there is not a single pirate among this crowd, I'll make BME pain Olympics look like a day at the circus.

The member who submitted this completely missed the point.

It's not Canadian law that make piracy an insta-ban offense on the Nexus. Or British law. Or American law. Over this offense, those are absolutely silent.

What brings the BanHammer down on the account is Dark0ne's Law, as is made very clear in the Terms of Service, and to which all banned members are referred by a link in the Ban Notice when they try to log-on again.

This member might have profited from reading them before submitting this appeal instead of playing internet lawyer.

What you do on your own machine may be your own business. What you do on the Nexus is ours. :armscrossed:

Hi, recently I was removed from chat for swearing? Didn't get a warning, and now I can't go back. How long do these suspensions last?

Until:

a) you submit a polite apology and request to be allowed back via PM to the Staff member who kicked you,

and/or;

b) that Staff member decides you can be trusted not to disrupt things again.

Oh, and you DID get a warning. It was in those tips for the Chat Room that were presented, but you didn't read, when you entered.

•Don't act like this is the chatroom for 4chan / Something Awful forums / some other chat room or forum you visit that lets you get away with anything.

Sorry to bug but how do i find the moderator to send the request form to?

Request form for what? I don't see a banned tag on your profile and you seem to be using chat just fine so I'm a bit at a loss... perhaps you were kicked but not banned, if that's the case you just need to go back into the chat room to find out who kicked you and why. Or your connection could have kicked you but you weren't actually kicked from the chat by staff, if you log back into chat and can't find a " _______ kicked Hypermouse" line in red in the log - you weren't kicked from chat by staff.

Edited by Oubliette

Maybe it is just an indicator that I should stop asking... but may I please speak with someone regarding my chat ban? I've asked a few times and I've not seen a response in this thread. I'd also tried to address this issue privately as indicated at first, however I'd not received a response so I'd turned to the forums.

May someone please take the time to speak with me about this?

Thank you and sorry for the insistence on the subject but I do enjoy having the ability to use the chat room. :/ And at least for me a large part of the community aspect comes from that... participation in the real time chat where one deals with people in a real time environment.

Edited by GlitchGirl

Maybe it is just an indicator that I should stop asking... but may I please speak with someone regarding my chat ban? I've asked a few times and I've not seen a response in this thread. I'd also tried to address this issue privately as indicated at first, however I'd not received a response so I'd turned to the forums.

May someone please take the time to speak with me about this?

Thank you and sorry for the insistence on the subject but I do enjoy having the ability to use the chat room. :/ And at least for me a large part of the community aspect comes from that... participation in the real time chat where one deals with people in a real time environment.

There's no record of you being chat banned