I Got Banned

buddah

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they boot you for a short while for minor offences, try to get back on later. If your outright banned then you have to go through the form-filling and contacting the person who banned you. It would be nice if they sent some sort of notice via-mail so you knew who banned you.

There is a very short - just 7 items that you will see every time you enter chat. Try reading them. And realize the last one actually warns you that chat is logged - even if there is no moderator present, we can look back to see exactly what was posted by whom and when. Most people that do get banned in chat were warned - that is what the boot is, a warning to read the rules before getting back on. If you ignore that warning and insist on continuing to act like the rules don't apply to you - why are you surprised when you do get banned? :rolleyes:

The biggest reason people get a full site ban in chat? - It's right there - the second one -

No talk of piracy. We don't endorse it and we don't help anyone who has pirated any of their software. Admit to piracy and you are instantly banned.

What more can we do to make that clear? Note for those who skimped on their education - any is all inclusive - and means ANY software. Not just games.

And nearly every day we see a post in chat, "I pirated this game and need help getting it to work..... " http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/busted.gif

All good and fair information but my question was if you do get banned how does one find the moderator who banned them. Its states that you have to send a form to the moderator who banned you for evaluation to be allowed back into the chat room (if they allow that is).

All good and fair information but my question was if you do get banned how does one find the moderator who banned them. Its states that you have to send a form to the moderator who banned you for evaluation to be allowed back into the chat room (if they allow that is).

Fair question. There's no good automated mechanism available at the moment, since the IPBoards software that drive these sites don't make that easy.

So the answer is:

1) Send a PM to any member of the Staff (trying to remember who might have been present in the Chat Room at the time,) They are identifiable by the various colours for their titles (Red = Admins, Green = Site Moderators, Blue = Chat Room Moderators).

-or-

2) Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every page to reach Dark0ne directly.

@bben46 I know about the rules in the chat and the red text, but that has nothing to do with what it seems like I was banned for - it was during the time of 502 and 504 errors in June and I said (not meant to be taken seriously) "There should be a filter that censors when people mention 502 errors' because there were quite a few people asking about them (and asking the same question after people already explained to them what happened)

I still am not sure why this is a bannable offense. After reading the rules both in the forum and chat, I still don't know where this is covered. That's why I'm confused.

Sorry if asking this on the forum also against the rules. If I could get any help through a PM or something then cool.

@Hypermouse: It wasn't a short ban for a minor offense, I'm not sure if this is even a minor or a major offense. It was a permaban (I still can't get in the chat). I also mentioned that when I tried to ask the moderator that banned me as to why I was banned, they left the PM conversation without responding.

Edited by SgtHighwaters

@Sargent--The best thing at this point I believe would to be hit the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the forums. You can then explain your side of the events to Robin (Dark0ne) as this is, per the Terms of Service, the correct way to handle any disagreements in moderation. You will reach him better that way than a PM and hopefully can come to some understand along with anyone else involved, in private as it should be. ~Lisnpuppy

I don't see a ban notice for you Sgt. not that one is mandatory for a chat ban - but there have been a lot of 'unable to enter' chat moments that have nothing to do with a ban lately, so you might just be unlucky enough to be experiencing those issues. Have you tried periodically since then to relog into chat?