I Got Banned

buddah

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Creating a new account will almost certainly mean you will not get your account reinstated; as multiple accounts are prohibited"

A member of my household has been banned and requests that i assist in the problem. The question reguarding this policy is..

"Soooooo how are you to go to the link for a repeal if your banned and cant even log in, let alone visit the forums?"

If one tries to log in with a banned account, one should get redirected to a page notifying that the account was banned and providing a link to the unban form: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/about/unban/ There one can make an appeal to get an account reinstated, and one doesn't need to be logged in for this.

In most points I'm just guessing here though, but that's how I understood the process the last time it was explained.

Creating a new account or going to discuss it in public through a 3rd person would be the last way to go and the least likely to succeed, as it all breaks the rules again. So in any case you're best to discuss this with a moderator or admin via PM instead of in a forum topic.

[Edited as I wrote some of what I originally wrote here in anger]

Long story made short, I'm not sure if I've been banned in chat or not. There is no official statement as such in the ban announcements, but when I try to enter chat I am told I do not have access.

It's not a big deal to me one way or the other, but I am curious what my actual status is.

Edited by Werebat

For what it is worth, folks that have been booted or banned from chat should consider a conclusion I came to. Early in coming back to The Nexus after a long break, I was trying to figure out what mods I'd use for my first run of New Vegas. I looked around, didn't find the information I was hoping for (somehow completely missed the Gopher YouTube videos, btw), and figured I'd ask some folks on chat. I hopped on and ask for suggestions. I got no responses, so I waited a bit until most of the people in chat had changed (most had dropped off and new folks came on) and I asked again (figuring I was posing the question to the new folks). Chat immediately closed. Perplexed and thinking it was a technical issue, I reconnected and looked for responses to my second posting. Finding none, I waited another half hour or so for another cycling of the chat participants, and asked a third time (again, hoping to reach someone new with some input). Chat immediately closed right after I sent the message, and when I tried to reconnect, I found I couldn't. Hours later, I tried getting in again, and found I still couldn't. Just as I was about to get irritated I considered: this isn't IRC, ultimate-chatzone.duck, or the like. The Nexus provides access to tons of killer mods, and forums to talk to the creators of those mods. If I wasn't going to be allowed to use chat, I wasn't going to concern myself with it, since that isn't what I was here for. If I ever got banned from the forums or the site in general, that would be upsetting, but that's something else entirely.

If you got kicked and banned from the chat without evening a warning (for this particular type of thing) then I'd like to hear about it. That's not how the moderators should be conducting themselves. However, if you received warnings and carried on doing it...yeah.