A pregnant system

SignorNessuno

I was thinking about one thing: the family.
In Fallout 4 we start the game as the pre-war family: a husband, a wife and a child born from their carnal union.
Obviously it is implied that in this game we can have sex (which of course are not shown for obvious reasons, but there are still mods that allow to do so). But what happens if, in addition to the usual "interaction" is possible, if we are a man to impregnate our women patner only Cait and Piper. Curie is just a robot / synth.
Or we can be impregnated by human male patner as Preston, MacReady or Cage.
The thing then becomes complicated, once our patner begins to be pregnant and to show the belly.
I do not want to show complications, but let's say that, because of the violence and radiation in Boston our patner in danger of losing the baby. All the more reason we need to protect our patner and build a secure settlement, which can provide protection.
In the event that we are a pregnant woman, should we do more carefully, since any type of violence or radiation can "undo" the pregnancy. And we can only "dedicate" to the household chores, such as crafting. Sure kill possible threats or invasions in our settlement. But always making sure not to cause serious damage, and not to lose the future baby.
Once at the time of birth, you can go to any doctor (or do a home birth if you are competent enough) and thus have your baby.
Although there is the newest member to our family, we must still provide for the baby's needs. In particular: give him food and clean water (perhaps with the appropriate baby food, or milk, or whatever is appropriate in Fallout universe to feed the baby, no nothing Nuka Cola, food or drink ultra irradiated, or may die). clean it by his "needs", and disinfect it continuously by radiation (or can die from radiation poisoning).
And of course, protect it from possible monsters and raiders who want to invade our settlement.
Another important factor is the attention that is given to the baby. Perhaps more attention and care to demonstrate for your child, the greater will be the special that will be when he grew up.
What we need to make the efficient management of the newborn, it requires the presence of several elements:
-a Cradle to put the baby to sleep
-A changing table, useful for changing clothes and baby's diaper
-one bathtub for babies
-Food and food recipes for babies
Once the baby is older, perhaps after some weeks or months, we will have a child.
Maybe, if it were possible, our son can grow up and become an adult, and be our comagno and see his mind "change" according to our actions and teachings that we gave him when he was still a child.
Even the "affinities" according to factions that we decided to choose between school, fraternity, railroad, minutemen. Or even the other factions of the dlc as Far Harbor, Acadia, Children of Atom, or the Nuka World raiders.
Well, how looks this for you folks?

I like the seed of your idea.

Currently, I think there should be far more children of all ages in this game as folks try to repopulate the world. There should also be more variety and interaction with the children that already exist. Right now, for instance, I'm keeping that ghoul kid from the Boy in the Fridge quest hanging around as a temporary companion - even though he's annoying as hell - simply because he's a little different to all the others. We could also have done with a child companion in the vanilla game - I mean we have a dog, a supermutant, two or three robots, at least three or four synths that I'm aware of. Maybe Piper's sister should have been recruitable (but only when you're traveling with Piper).

I also think there should be a pregnant NPC model (which maybe effects approx 5% of all young female NPCs). Right now, it feels odd that there's not a single pregnant woman in the Commonwealth.

This could add an interesting dynamic to the world. Some people in that environment would feel the need to repopulate it, while others would argue against bringing children into such a violent and dangerous world. I think I heard some NPCs, either at Abernathy or Finch farm, discussing this very point.

However, personally, I think you're going into a little too much detail here, especially with the whole watching your child grow up aspect. That feels like a whole different game. Still, if anyone ever considers exploring this idea and making the mod, I'd be more than willing to give it a try.

Edited by crawe1x

I like the seed of your idea.

Currently, I think there should be far more children of all ages in this game as folks try to repopulate the world. There should also be more variety and interaction with the children that already exist. Right now, for instance, I'm keeping that ghoul kid from the Boy in the Fridge quest hanging around as a temporary companion - even though he's annoying as hell - simply because he's a little different to all the others. We could also have done with a child companion in the vanilla game - I mean we have a dog, a supermutant, two or three robots, at least three or four synths that I'm aware of. Maybe Piper's sister should have been recruitable (but only when you're traveling with Piper).

I also think there should be a pregnant NPC model (which maybe effects approx 5% of all young female NPCs). Right now, it feels odd that there's not a single pregnant woman in the Commonwealth.

This could add an interesting dynamic to the world. Some people in that environment would feel the need to repopulate it, while others would argue against bringing children into such a violent and dangerous world. I think I heard some NPCs, either at Abernathy or Finch farm, discussing this very point.

However, personally, I think you're going into a little too much detail here, especially with the whole watching your child grow up aspect. That feels like a whole different game. Still, if anyone ever considers exploring this idea and making the mod, I'd be more than willing to give it a try.

Thanks ;)

I admit that the presence of children in Fallout 4 is rather limited. But fortunately there are some mods that increase their presence as new settlers, having the opportunity to build a school for them, new clothes for them to wear (yeah, those vanilla are rather limited), and also to fight them as enemies, and for the most part as raiders.

Well, we get the settlement system. And that's already a huge change in the fallout games.

At the end, make a baby is like a quest. We decide what it will become in the future.
If anyone decides to make a mod like this, well, they are welcome.
After all we had available mod that will drastically change the game by offering more aspects such horror survival or tactical warfare.
So why not add a system pregnant?
After all, they want the people are only new gaming experiences that often bethesda, fails to offer in its games.

Wrong website hun! LoversLab is that-a-way.

Also in the post apocalyptic future with all the radiation and other nasties chances are fertility is reduced in Wasteland females (prewar Nora ovaries are an anomaly) and males (Ditto Nate's gonads). So I imagine conceiving is hard and actually reaching a normal healthy live birth is rare. Miscarriages, stillbirths and infertility are probably the norm.

Edited by Athanasa

Wrong website hun! LoversLab is that-a-way.

Also in the post apocalyptic future with all the radiation and other nasties chances are fertility is reduced in Wasteland females (prewar Nora ovaries are an anomaly) and males (Ditto Nate's gonads). So I imagine conceiving is hard and actually reaching a normal healthy live birth is rare. Miscarriages, stillbirths and infertility are probably the norm.

I'm not for the sex animations eh, just about the fact for having a child. That's all eheh.

But yeah, that's also a possible option.

Maybe this could influence the chances for make a child with our patner.

I'm not for the sex animations eh, just about the fact for having a child. That's all eheh.

It's more that as they generally make preggers mods ANYWAY (look at Skyrim) you might get some good responses there.

Edited by Athanasa

It's more that as they generally make preggers mods ANYWAY (look at Skyrim) you might get some good responses there.

true. But you, we saw many crazy or very "complicated" mods, created just for gives fun (and streaming videos on the web) to the mod comunity.

I know this maybe can't be perfectly "lore friendly", but i can see here a good mod experiment with the Fallout 4 game.

• 2 years later...