Solution for random ctd´s

jungsten

Hello, i have suffered from ramdom ctd´s ever since i got skyrim se. Most of the time i was able to play between 5 and 20 Minutes. This happened with and without mods, so it wasnt mod related.

I had tried all solutions i found disabling touchkeybord and all, but nothing fixed my problem. Now i stumbled upon the recommendation for a tool/program called "Razer Cortex".

The program is free, but you need to make an account to be able to use it. The program is blocking certain background services. There is also a customization option on what services and programs are to be blocked.

I have tested playing skyrim se via razer cortex now for 1 hour without a crash. For those having ctd problems id suggest you to google for Razer Cortex and give it a try.

This is not meant to be advertisement. And i dont take responsibility for problems that occur from using the program

Might be just me but the ctd started just recently. until then skyrim was running perfectly with those same background services. I also believe that background services are there for a reason, Unless you download and install a ton of s*** on your pc without knowing what you're actually installing, you really shouldn't have that many unecessary things running in the background to begin with.

Sure Razer Cortex might improve fps, and if you think your crashes are due to a lack of memory that could help I guess.

But for those who had the game running fine already and just started getting ctd, I don't think this is gonna solve the problem.

Still interested in hearing from people who are actually using it tho.

Edited by Shak404

Might be just me but the ctd started just recently. until then skyrim was running perfectly with those same background services. I also believe that background services are there for a reason, Unless you download and install a ton of s*** on your pc without knowing what you're actually installing, you really shouldn't have that many unecessary things running in the background to begin with.

Sure Razer Cortex might improve fps, and if you think your crashes are due to a lack of memory that could help I guess.

But for those who had the game running fine already and just started getting ctd, I don't think this is gonna solve the problem.

Still interested in hearing from people who are actually using it tho.

As stated above, i had ctd´s from the very first time i started the game (unmoded). Ussep didnt fix it either. Im using 16 gb of ram, therefore id rule out memory shortage as well. Windows 10 seems to send requests to some services id guess, which cause instabilities. Razer Cortex stops this from happening as long as the game is running. And from what ive read Razer Cortex doesnt really help to improve fps, but my fps are above 60 anyway, thats not what i needed this tool for.

If you are using SMIM, this "could" be a cause of your CTD´s. People using the mod, complain about crashes in caves and dungeons, that started after days of using the mod.

Edited by jungsten

This is what worked for me.

I did a Verify Integrity of Game Cache and it re-downloaded Update, Dawnguard, HearthFires, and Dragonborn esm(s). I had cleaned them with SSEEdit and they worked fine for a while. Now I see the dirty versions in LOOT but the game stopped crashing.

I've played for over an hour now and no more crashes so far. Running 43 mods.

My rig: i72600K, 8 GB RAM, NVidia 970 running from an SSD.

I hope this helps.