Old character import.

MoghulMorningstar

Hello, I have a problem that I'm really hoping you'll be able to solve.

In preparation for Skyrim SE, I started a character in Vanilla Skyrim and ran it through some skill building so it would be ready for questing.

SE came out, I copy pasted the saves in, added mods, everything's great.

I noticed that Skyrim SE actually has a character selection when loading saves. Apart from the 'Show all saves' option, you can also select characters.

Here's where the problem is: I noticed this feature when I created a new character; It's showing up there, but my old one (with saves from Skyrim), isn't.

The saves for the first character are still fully usable through the 'Show all saves' option but I would love to use that management function.

Is there anything I can do to get my old character to show up in that list?

Edited by MoghulMorningstar

Byt wouldn't it work if you just made another save? Wouldn't that save it to the new type? Seems odd if it doesn't...

I do not believe the two saves are compatible. So you can not use a save from one, and make it work on the other.

Old save works on new game if you 'Show all saves', but it doesn't show a character.

Byt wouldn't it work if you just made another save? Wouldn't that save it to the new type? Seems odd if it doesn't...

It does save it to the new type (Same name formatting and whatnot), but it still doesn't show up in the character thing.

It's strange that no one else has run into this yet. My wager is that there's some file somewhere where the 'characters' are written down for this purpose.

Edited by MoghulMorningstar

I imported my Nord. I placed it in the Saves folder, hit show all saves, chose my Nord, loaded it, said it was dependent on certain mods, loaded it up anyways, resaved and been playing him ever since. No hassle.

I imported my Nord. I placed it in the Saves folder, hit show all saves, chose my Nord, loaded it, said it was dependent on certain mods, loaded it up anyways, resaved and been playing him ever since. No hassle.

:) yes. Me too. Now, try and make a new character and go to Main Menu.

Select 'Load'. Your new character will be available there to continue. Your old character will not be deleted, but you will only find it by pressing 'Show all saves'. All new characters will be there in the menu except for the one from Skyrim Original. That is where the problem is.

:smile: yes. Me too. Now, try and make a new character and go to Main Menu.

Select 'Load'. Your new character will be available there to continue. Your old character will not be deleted, but you will only find it by pressing 'Show all saves'. All new characters will be there in the menu except for the one from Skyrim Original. That is where the problem is.

Now, see, there's the problem there. I can't see any saves unless I click on "Show all saves". Go figure.

:smile: yes. Me too. Now, try and make a new character and go to Main Menu.

Now, see, there's the problem there. I can't see any saves unless I click on "Show all saves". Go figure.

Yes. That is the problem. I need you to do me a favor and read the first post again. Skyrim SE has some amount of character management that isn't there for the old save files. What that means is if I want to play my old character while alternating with a new one, I have to dig through save files to see the old character's saves.

Do I need to explain it a few more times?

Want to be rude about it? Really? I was saying that NONE of my saves show unless I hit "Show all saves". Not the new ones or the imported. Do I need to explain that a few more times?

My most sincere apologies, I thought you were being sarcastic in your post. Does this mean that the only real way to manage saves right now is... separate save folders?