NMM doesnt detect Skyrim SE

HausmeisterJoe

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know the right game path for Skyrim SE on windows 10? I can't find it anywhere.

I tried using this format

C:\Users\[usernamehere]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves

but it says its missing the EXE files and NMM won't detect it

Edited by NotABotanist

I don't know about Windows 10 but in Windows 7 The default location is C:Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition. My Documents\My Games is where your ini files and saves is stored by default for all your games.

If you have installed Steam in a different location you will have to use that locations path to Steam. But wherever you have located it just go to Steam and follow the path I have noted above.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you launched SSE from the Steam launcher? After doing so open NMM, do not click on any games just open the program and click on "Rescan Installed Games" at the bottom of the window.

There should be no reason to enter the path manually. You must first launch the game from Steam to create the ini and pref.ini files to properly configure NMM for thatt game.

If the game opens after hitting Play in Steam, believe me the SkyrimSE.exe is there.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks!

Im sorry if this is a stupid question.

Somehow NMM cant detect skyrim SE in the Game Detection Hub. I have the game installed and also played it to test if it can find it then. It doesnt work:(

It would be greatly appriciated if someone could tell me what i am doing wrong.

greetings, HMJ

I've got the same problem but I've got Windows 10.

Any solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm continuously getting messages that Nexus Mods does not recognize Skyrim SE and will not install mods. I have re-installed Nexus Mods and rerun the game locator and still get these messages. I have 3 mods that have downloaded and installed, but can't get any others to... I'm wondering if part of it may be that some of the mods are from 2016 and may not be supported any longer?

Edited by Guest

It sounds to me that this is a problem specific to Windows 10. You might open a thread with Windows 10 in the header; such as "Windows 10 does not detect SSE with NMM" or something similar. As I do not have Windows 10 I do not have a clue.

Also I believe there is a forum for NMM problems. If there is you might try there, although with Vortex coming out with the Beta version relatively soon it may no longer be supported.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an issue similar to this. I rescanned my games and it wont detect Skyrim SE. When I tried it manually it wouldn't pull up anthing in the directory except for the folders. It wont even show the launcher or anything which Im sure is what it is looking for. I do have 63.14 of NMM. I also have Windows 10.