NMM doesnt detect Skyrim SE

HausmeisterJoe

I cannot get the NMM v0.63.14 to detect Skyrim SE, even when I specify the path. I am sure I am specifying the correct path.

NMM was working fine for me the past 2 weeks of modding. I have the same problem now. I reinstalled NMM 0.63.14 to my D drive instead of C (where it was) and it ran. It would not find Skyrim SE alone and even putting it on the right path to the game does not work

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem on my windows 10 PC, while doing the same thing on my 7 works just fine. I've tried all of the standard answers without luck. :/ NMM is on the same drive as the game and steam, I've opened the game before, put the correct pathway manually, nothing.

I'm having the same problem on my windows 10 PC, while doing the same thing on my 7 works just fine. I've tried all of the standard answers without luck. :/ NMM is on the same drive as the game and steam, I've opened the game before, put the correct pathway manually, nothing.

Yup. Me too. Yep windows 10. Yes the game is installed. Ran it once and it runs fine. The EXE is obviously in the correct directory.

Manually pointing NMM there does jack s***. KEeps saying there is no EXE there even though its right in the folder.

Any solutions?

thoughts: maybe it has something to do with the fact I am trying to use Skyrim VR version....

Either way totally useless. Will just have to do with vanilla.

Edited by DoUEvenLinuxBro

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 user here as well. Just finished playing through a heavily modded Fallout 4 and wanted to do the same with Skyrim. I installed Skyrim Special Edition via Steam, ran it once, and closed the game before loading up Nexus Mod Manager to start modding the game... and of course Nexus Mod Manager can't find the game even when I point it to the exact folder containing the game's EXE. I guess I was just never meant to play this game.

Edit: Actually, it looks like a workaround can be managed by just manually downloading each mod and thereafter manually adding each mod to NMM. It's a lot of extra clicking (especially if you want to maintain the mods into their respective Nexus categories which you have to manually reassign for a lot of them), but it seems to work.

Edited by Velimere

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I downloaded Skyrim Special Edition from Steam and I have the latest version of nmm, but it still doesn't detect it. I have tried redirecting it manually, but I can't even find it when I know where it is. Please help.

I'm having the same problem with my Skyrim SE from Steam. There actually is no skyrim.exe file to be found. I'm guessing this is a Steam issue. Has there been any fixes?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey,

If NMM doesn't automatically detect Skyrim SE, there is an option to set the correct path manually. The default install path for 64 bit Windows 7 should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition. If it works, NMM will inform you that the location is correct, because it will have detected the SkyrimSE.exe file. Basically, direct NMM to wherever your SkyrimSE.exe file is. Hope this helpOkat

Okay, it says that it has found it in " C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition" And when I go to verify it, it says that there is nothing there?

Do you know why this is?

Thanks

Edited by SirAxno