NMM doesnt detect Skyrim SE

HausmeisterJoe

• 1 year later...

I know it's been years since this was active, and I deeply apologize for that. But I recently reinstalled Skyrim: Special Edition after several months. Upon opening the Nexus Mod Manager, I've selected the option to scan for games. Skyrim Special Edition doesn't even show up with the options.

I'm using the most recent Mod Manager version (0.80.10) and it tells me it's entirely up-to-date. So, my question remains. Why is Skyrim: Special Edition not showing up? And how do I fix this?

• 9 months later...

I know I should not be using NMM anymore but wasn't up to starting something new. But 2 days ago NMM stopped working. It picked up a corruption or something. Anyway I had a complete working copy of Special Edition + NMM on a laptop so copied it all over to the PC and installed and ran NMM again. When it did its game search it found one of my backup copies on my D drive and latched onto that. I tried changing the paths many times, uninstalled, reinstalled ran it at least 10 times. I deleted half my old backups on D drive, renamed all the SKSE backup folders. But every time I try NMM it connects again to one of the backup copies on D drive and creates paths to them. Somewhere NMM has stored the original search and keeps going back to the D drive. I changed the paths to those on the C drive and I get an error message. Somewhere outside the steam and NMM folders it has stored the original location of those files on the D drive and as soon as I run NMM it finds the folders on the D Drive. I tried the NMM uninstall and it always leaves some stuff behind, manually deleted what was left. I used windows uninstall and manually deleted NMM folders and then reinstalled and same result. D drive paths.

Any idea where the information might be stored please so I can delete and start from scratch?

Update, fixed the problem by removing al SKSE saves/backups/folders from D drive. Then NMM found the correct folder.

Edited by stankarp

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's been years since this was active, and I deeply apologize for that. But I recently reinstalled Skyrim: Special Edition after several months. Upon opening the Nexus Mod Manager, I've selected the option to scan for games. Skyrim Special Edition doesn't even show up with the options.

I'm using the most recent Mod Manager version (0.80.10) and it tells me it's entirely up-to-date. So, my question remains. Why is Skyrim: Special Edition not showing up? And how do I fix this?

Using the browse function, navigate to where the skyrim executable SkyrimSE.exe is located. Once NMM knows that, then proceed from there. Since you already know NMM it will be the easiest manager for you to use.