Lip sync bug with XB1, but not PC version of mod

robbobert

Hey guys. I recently converted my follower mod over from the non-SE edition to the SE edition and archived/uploaded the mod using the directions posted over on:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4991860-how-to-pack-skyrim-se-mods/

The PC version uploaded to the Nexus and Bethesda.net with no problems. The XB1 version, however appears to be experiencing problems. I've had multiple people report that my followers' mouths do not move when they speak, despite the fact that when I look at my main BSA using BSAManager, the LIP files are present in the Sound folder. I've also had some issues with followers disappearing on their way back home after being dismissed, and actor refs not appearing in the world (at least not in the proper place) when enabled via a quest -- again, only occurring in the XB1 version of the mod.

Barring some sort of mod conflict, all I can think of is that there's something going wrong with the upload of the archives to Bethesda.net. Is there anything special about uploading XB1 mods beyond the steps listed in the link up above? I'm honestly at a loss here, as it all seems pretty straightforward. I don't get why PC is fine, but the same files archived for XB1 are bugged... Hopefully I'm just being stupid, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by robbobert

Try using Fuz instead of Wave & Lip for XB1

Edit

when you release your mod don't use these for dialogue these files xwm, .wav, .lip. It unprofessional. Only use .fuz format it a compressed xwm format combining both wave & lip.

Unfuzer @ Nexus is a great tool

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19242/?

Edited by PeterMartyr

Thanks for the tip Peter. I had converted over to xwm for the sheer difference in file size. Across 450+ dialogues, wav just wasn't going to be feasible. I was back and forth between xwm and fuz, and ended up going with xwm simply because it worked. I'll give fuz a try and see if my xboxers have better luck. Thanks a bunch!

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the tip Peter. I had converted over to xwm for the sheer difference in file size. Across 450+ dialogues, wav just wasn't going to be feasible. I was back and forth between xwm and fuz, and ended up going with xwm simply because it worked. I'll give fuz a try and see if my xboxers have better luck. Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Did this fix work for you? Also, I don't know of a way of changing which audio file a Response is referencing in the CK, does the reference automatically find the .FUZ of the same name from the archive?

Thanks in advance