.45 Auto Pistol Sight Problem with Weapon Retexture Project

sturmgewehr44

I have run into this...peculiar problem of sorts with the .45 Auto Pistol (Basically, an M1911A1) from Honest Hearts. It is a great pistol and all. My favourite actually, and I obsess about the M1911 a lot. So, I care a lot about it. I am using Millenia's Weapon Retexture Project, and for whatever reason, it replaces the sights of the non-tritium glow sights version (Which Follows-Chalk uses, and is used as a static object when Joshua is loading pistols in the Angel Cave), with completely black front and rear sights. I do not know why this is. It does not appear to be a missing texture, since the sights are solid black. However, it is really immersion breaking to me. It appears that it might have been a deliberate choice by WRP, I just cannot understand why. Of course, this only happens with the Follows-Chalk version of the .45 Auto Pistol. This same version does not have the glowing sights (Which were originally intended as a weapon mod, but instead the base gun has them).

Here are some screenshots that depict what this looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/eEnuaTQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eEnuaTQ.jpg

As you can see, the entire sight picture is a solid black mass. It does not look like a bug or a mapping error. I think Millenia intended it for whatever reason. It just really perplexes and annoys me. It is killing my New Vegas libido. Can someone tell me how to edit the texture myself or possibly make a patch to get rid of it (I assume it would probably require the permission of Millenia)? It is kind of aggravating since I personally hate the glowing sight reticules that the base model has, and I plan on using I mod that swaps it with the Follows-Chalk version. The only problem is, with WRP, that version has those nasty black sights.