CTD On Game Load; Missing Files [Help]

strangeman111

Howdy All,

I have tried to get my modded Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to work for the last 2 or 3 days, and I decided I need the help of the community (thank you by the way).

It started by trying to get my Skyrim to look better, and I got that all to work, and it worked fabulously. Then the guide I was following (written by SkyrimTuner of RealVision ENB fame) suggested some mods to go along with his recommended settings for the best experience, I installed these, and after some trial and error got it to work, finally it was the item additions, and body and animation mods last.

This is where the problems of CTD on load happen. I got the Skyrim to run, and after I did the opening sequence, and I had to choose between Stormcloak and Imperial, after I walked through the door it crashed. I tried to reload but it CTD after I pressed 'Enter' after the load selection. I have spent all night trying to get the game to load my safe, from checking the integrity of my game, to load order, to cleaning dirty files with TOES5EDIT, and many patch mods, to no avail. I also tried the 'coc qasmoke' wait 31 days with the setting to remove unused files in the SKSE.ini, and that didn't work either.

I have included my loadorder, mod list, and most recent crash log, and I am willing to give any other files people might need.

But the most prominent thing that I noticed is the 3 missing files; ''_arissa_inpc_behavior" , "dlc1_npcmentalmodelscript" , and "chherdingquestscript". Does anyone know if these are DLC, or mod files?

(FYI I have 2011 Skyrim, only with Hearthfire DLC)

1. Try to delete your skyrim.esm, update.esm, and your hearthfires.esm from your skyrim data folder, then revalidate your game cache as you tried to do before. Follow videos on youtube on how to clean your master files and dlc. See if that fixes the "continue" bug.

2. Naturally you have a lot of mods. I can't look through all of them and see which say particularly that you need other DLC, but your game would crash likely at the Bethesda opening screen if that were the case, so you may be safe on that front unless there is a mod that perhaps doesn't activate until later. Either way, it is always safe practice when modding to make sure you Read. Read the install instructions, the required mods, and the compatibility sections to ensure there is nothing you have in conflict. Climates of Tamriel and Static Mesh Improvement mod are two that have a lot of stipulations in their install orders and conflicting mods.

3. Some issues I noticed:
CoT is very particular about controlling the weather. I noticed some other mods in your order that deal with weather and storms. Make sure that all of these are compatible. I know True Storms is as well as supreme storms, but I'm not sure about spash of rain or any others that may be in there. Also, if there is an option on any mod such as ELFX has the option to add a weather patch, don't select that. While you might not be using ELFX, it is just generally a good idea not to install things that may conflict with CoT.

Skyrim Flora Overhaul has specific instructions not only with installing with SMIM, but also to add to your skryim.ini, make sure you've done these. Realistic Waters Two also has install overwrite instructions for SMIM, and if you are using MO, it should be below it on your right pane load order. I believe the same goes for Cinematic FireFX too. Also I see that your SMIM has SMIM-No Dragonborn, but is it requiring Dawnguard? Something to check on.

Generally, my install order on NMM, or my Load order for MO is this:
Skyrim
Update
Dawnguard
Hearthfire
Dragonborn
USLEEP
SKSE Scripts (make sure these are properly installed and if you don't have it, you better get it)
[Any mods that are utilities] (Bug fixes, safety load, better messagebox controls,...)
[Custom Body Meshes]
[Custom Body Textures]
[All other ESPs]
[Animations]
[Custom Skeleton](Xp32mse,...)
Alternate Start
Bashed Patch (If using Wrye Bash)
Dual Sheath Patch (if Using it)
RSPatch (Last almost always)

Since I believe you are using MO, ensure that your Left Pane window matches your right.

What I usually do is I organize BOTH the left and right panes to match the above listed Load order. Then I run LOOT and make sure to hit Apply.

After that, since now my Right pane is sorted with LOOT, my left pane needs to match it. I rearrange my left pane to match with my right, and doing that I haven't had CTDs in a long time.

Hopefully these things help you. Send me a PM if you need more help and I don't see this. Also, because moving mods or deleting them from an active saved game can cause the scripts to still function, it is always better to just start a new game until you have your modlist just the way you want it. For some of us that never happens :P

Edited by snelss0

• 1 year later...