ENB v309 and Nvidia Struggle

mbk6452

Well, first I want to know if my computer can even handle ENB v309. I figured it would upgrading from a previous laptop that could run ENB v309 d3d11.dll.

This rig = Core i7 6600, 12GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 940MX + Intel HD integrated graphics (optimus?) DX9 Vramsize test 4064 MB, DX11 Vramsizetest 44800.

Old rig = Dual Core, 8GB RAM, Intel HD integrated graphics only, DX9 vramsize 4064MB

On the old rig, I could run SSE relatively well, not best but for the most part playable. It could boot reshade 3.0.4 and ENB v309 and it looked great! The intel integrated graphics setup was giving me issues with water shaders and shadow striping along edges and behind objects.

Running SSE on the new rig, I was having flickering textures, I updated my Nvidia driver to version 375.70 and under my nvidia settings I set the global card and selected skyrimse.exe for nvidia processor. The flickering textures went away and was playing smooth. So I decided to load the real lighting ENB and shader preset, which is my favorite so far that made the game look great on the old rig.

This new rig wont boot with the d3d11.dll file.. if I select the game to run with integrated HD graphics it boots with the d3d11.dll and get the ENB but have flickering textures.

When I prompt the launcher to detect my hardware with the nvidia processor selected. It says graphics hardware could not be identified, setting to low graphics.

I am aware of the longer booting times with the ENB roughly 30-50 seconds, but I waited for 10 minutes of black screen and wouldn't boot.

Not sure what I am missing, if my nvidia card can even run the ENB. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Gonna continue to troubleshoot.

• 10 months later...