I want to make alchemy a bit more customizeable like enchanting.

ergthbeb

Can anyone explain how the alchemy and enchantment systems work behind the scenes to make the game function?

I really am interested in a mod that would let you customize the look and names of your crafted potions. Similar to the enchanting system, players could choose a bottle from a list of the ones in game, and supply a name. The three tiered structure of the enchanting menu would be nice in order to clean up clutter, too.

I poured over the game's master .esm files, looking at the alchemy lab and enchanting table FURN entries and every file that uses them. The crafting systems are apparently not run as scripts via their objects/activators, but through a drop down list whose contents i cannot trace down. (Pictured below)

i can't find any place this 'Bench Type' data is stored! Does anyone have any clues to where to go from here?

P.S. This isn't my first mod; I've already made a mod adding some conjuration spells to bind working pickaxes and wood axes, as well as the spell tomes needed to learn them. I'm pretty familiar with hunting down and fixing mod entry conflicts, and I'm also a general programmer willing to make this happen if possible.