[LE] Mining!

Saggaris

On each ore (Like mineorequicksilver) is a deployed script named "MineOreScript".

In this script you could change the following values:

int property StrikesBeforeCollection = 1 Auto
{how many times this is struck before giving a resource}
int property AttackStrikesBeforeCollection = 3 Auto
{how many times this is struck by attacks before giving a resource}

Thank you for that 'dvkkha' I thought it was a general setting... but if I can make different ores have different amounts of strikes, then that goes beyond what I had hoped for...

thank you again.

• 1 year later...

I'm back,

I know it's been a while but I guess I'm just slow, forgetful and busy... and now confused too!

How in heavens name can I open the script and change the number from 3 to 15 close it and have it work, surely it can't be that difficult?

so far I've downloaded half a dozen recommended exterior programs to do this and not one of them has made the slightest sense to me whatsoever, I am completely lost at it being so confusing to alter one simple thing in an existing script.

HELP!

Please?

You do not have to change the script itself. Those are properties with default values assigned. You can override those values by going into the various ore vein records in the Creation Kit and assigning the value that you want.

As far as editing a script, you can do that in the Creation Kit as well. Simply go to an ore vein record, select the script, right click on it and choose to edit. Make your change then File > Save followed by Build. The save option saves the PSC file while the Build option creates / updates the PSC file.

Do note that a direct change in either the script or property values on the record will not show up on already loaded ore veins until they reset. However, injected modifications via script will show up immediately.

You can look at my Random Mining mod which changes both ore and strikes to random values by injecting the new values at run time.

Thank you Ishara, I have tried to follow your instructions to the letter but I still cannot get it to work, sorry for being so dense but I could not find the 'Build' option you refer to, my steps were...

1: Object window and using the filter for 'Ore'

2: World Objects > Activator> Dungeon> Mines> Ores

3: 00E_MineOreShadowsteel (I'm currently using Enderal but 'Indefinite Mining' script overwrites OK as did your's when I tried that)

4: Highlight and right mouse for Edit, select 'scripts' in section to the right of open box, make edit on 'attackStrikesBeforeCollection' set to 15, and click OK then OK again, select the 'file' icon then save.

Unfortunately nothing appeared to have happened when I loaded (last) as it was back to three strikes and drop

I did have a look ant you Random mining mod and it would have been more than perfect if the vein had not depleted.

What I am trying to achieve here is (through the use of 'Indefinite Mining' by TheOnlyPanther) is a way to have my lil fella find any ore patch and mine it... well, all day, with breaking ore from the vein taking a good bit of effort, say 15 strikes or more (it's rock after all)

So really I'm bastardising TheOnlyPantha's script (for private use only) in order to get those results.

As ever Pete

The vein will eventually deplete as there must be a max amount of ore to be obtained. Even the Hearthfires clay pits and quarry stone can be depleted, just takes a long time.

Check out the Hello World tutorial for screenshots and walkthrough on creating a script. It should help you even if all you are doing is tweaking an existing script.

The vein will eventually deplete as there must be a max amount of ore to be obtained....

That's why I am using Indefinite Mining, this does not run out.

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Indefinite Mining does not provide a PSC file. You will need to use Champolion to decompile the PEX into a human readable and CK usable PSC file. Not sure if that might be part of the issues on your end.

Indefinite Mining does not change the max amount of ore as I thought, instead it modifies the calculations so that the script will always think that the player needs more ore. In other words, it puts the player into an endless loop which would be a bad thing if the game did not have a way to break out of the mining activity.

It's all very complicated for a tired old Decorator like me, the pit I'm digging seems to get deeper and deeper, sometimes though I find even making a cup of tea confusing.

I found that Indefinite Mining did what I wanted a few years ago, at the time there were less mining mods and it became a trusted fixture, more recently I figured I could control it so my lil' fella could be the miner he always wanted to be without becoming the richest bloke in the world after a couple of days work (I have my timescale set to 10) little did I know what twists and turns lay ahead.

I'll have to look at the 'Champolion' you mention and see if I can get my brain around that, I thank you again for your advice and patience.