Selene Kate please come back :(

JoeB1961

Well, firstly, I do hope that this is the proper forum to ask this? :)

Will there ever be a possibility of getting Selene Kate follower ported over to SkyrimSE? :)

From Kasprutz's Nexus Selene Kate - Kiss Me page he had stated back in 2014 that he/she has retired from Skyrim modding. :(

I'm not a modder, so I can't speak with knowledge about the inner workings of mods, but it does seem like, after using the Selene Kate mod over the years, that it seems like a pretty intricate follower mod, with the options that you have if you choose to marry her, to her dances that accompany the mod (44 dances to be exact), to having her own horses for both herself and you the player, to her wondrous AI package. :)

Is there any hope at all to getting her to work in SE as in OldRim?? :)

I would quite miss her in any play through :(

Thanks for any replies :)

First and foremost we need SKSE up and running for SE. After that, it will be a matter of getting her to work, and I have no idea how difficult that will be.

Thanks for your reply :)

When looking at all mod followers, I'm surprised that Selene Kate gets so overlooked. Yes, she doesn't have a custom voice, but the way that Kasprutz integrated her attitude and added so many dances that work extremely well, with such a diverse range of dances and songs, it surprises me tbh. There is no other follower, that I have used, whether it be Vilja, Inigo, Arissa, and Sofia, that gives me the pleasure that Selene Kate has given me over the past few years :) Selene Kate's AI I believe is so perfect, the way that she heals the player with no gliches whatsoever, and like I've stated the horse she gives you (Arthur, as in King) is imho second to none as far as horses go. He is GORGEOUS :) The ability to change her hair style and color whenever you wish. But yes, I do realize her MCM may be a thing of the past as well, but I'm sure there are other options for configuration that may hopefully be :)

I do understand the SKSE limitation at the moment, so for now it is a no go, but I wonder if anyone knows Kasprutz on his Tumblr "Whiter Shade of Pale" and if he would even consider updating Selene Kate for SSE, seeing as he's been done with Skyrim since 2014 :( If, most likely, Kasprutz is unwilling to revisit this most awesome follower (In my eyes anyway :) ), would there be any way that it would be allowed for another modder to take her over and make her work for SSE? Maybe Kasprutz would be willing to give permission for this, for when SKSE64 becomes available? :)

I agree, Selene Kate is one of my must-have mods as well, and I seriously miss her in SE. I've wondered if there would be a way of decoupling the skse requirement so I could get it working in SE, but that's beyond my capabilites as modder, so unless someone else can figure it out..(or maybe I just gave myself a new project).

As far as getting permission to port her over to SE, it all depends on whether anyone can get Kasprutz's permission to do so. I don't recall seeing anything on his profile or mod pages saying his mods are free to use so (and I could be wrong about this) we can't just call them abandoned and port them ourselves, even though he has said he was walking away.

Worst case scenario: skse gets released for SE, we get our MCM menu (or equivalent) but no permission to port. From there, the best anyone could do is create a step-by-step guide to porting her over for your own use, which, depending on how skse-based mods end up porting over, will be fairly simple (like most follower mods) or a massive PITA.

Time will tell...

I agree, Selene Kate is one of my must-have mods as well, and I seriously miss her in SE. I've wondered if there would be a way of decoupling the skse requirement so I could get it working in SE, but that's beyond my capabilites as modder, so unless someone else can figure it out..(or maybe I just gave myself a new project).

As far as getting permission to port her over to SE, it all depends on whether anyone can get Kasprutz's permission to do so. I don't recall seeing anything on his profile or mod pages saying his mods are free to use so (and I could be wrong about this) we can't just call them abandoned and port them ourselves, even though he has said he was walking away.

Worst case scenario: skse gets released for SE, we get our MCM menu (or equivalent) but no permission to port. From there, the best anyone could do is create a step-by-step guide to porting her over for your own use, which, depending on how skse-based mods end up porting over, will be fairly simple (like most follower mods) or a massive PITA.

Time will tell...

Thanks for your reply as well :)

Maybe Kasprutz himself would somehow miraculously find this forum and at least say yay or nay about it :) Talk about wishful thinking :( Unfortunately, I am not a modder. Just someone who appreciates the work that has come from the modding community. Here's hoping that somehow Selene Kate will make it to SSE someday soon after SKSE64 is released :) Thanks you again, you at least gave me a little hope :) At least we still have OldRim and Selene for now :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...