http://png.clipart.me/previews/ca0/light-bulb-with-green-tree-grass-and-flower-13029.jpg

Hey guys, what's up?

It's my first time around here, posting on the Forums.

I know many people already talked about this in the past, but what about now? Would it be possible for Skyrim SE to have lighting on grass?
For me, this is the most immersion game breaking thing when using mods to darken the nights. I'm probably not alone in this.

I heard talks that perhaps this could be done on an ENB, but that it could take too much processing power. But now with 64bits one would imagine that this process could be lighter.

I don't know how to mod, but I don't come here empty handed, I've also come here with some analysis. I've noticed a thing, seems like textures now on Skyrim SE have some kind of alpha channel on them (correct me if I'm wrong), and that was causing some things (like ground textures from oldrim) to be super extra shiny, especially at night. People are already addressing this "issue" for some texture mods, to remove this super shiny effect. But what if we could use that on purpose for grass? To reflect light from torches for example? To make them shine on purpose with this alpha channel thingy when some light source gets near them? Wouldn't it be a possible workaround?

Tell me I'm not crazy. :smile:

A mod like that would make the game sooooooo much better.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alpha channel have nothing to do with this grass problem.

Normal map contain some kinda glossy/specular map in alpha channel.

Grass in skyrim made that way, that it can receive dynamic light, only ambient light, and probably sun.

Google it today, just in case if in SE something changed, but no, nothing, still shitty grass shader.

• 9 months later...