Open Community  ·  427 members

Stardew Valley

Mod request: date nights with spouse and boy/girlfriends

FXM420

Although I love the updates giving the spouses more personality I think it would be neat if once in a while, they'll ask you, or you ask them, on a date. Maybe once every week or two there will be a chance that your spouse or boy/girlfriend will ask you on a date. I know it's probably a pretty big project but maybe doing it one bachelor/bachelorette at a time and uploading them each separately would be easier.

For spouses, maybe when you talk to them they'll suggest going out tonight or maybe they'll say something like "we should go out Friday night at [whatever time], meet me at [whatever place]" if it's not already Friday. For boy/girlfriends, maybe they'll send you a letter inviting you on a date with a time and place. You would also be able to decline or accept the invitation, of course.

Then once the date is set, there could be a set number of places and situations that could either be chosen randomly or be based off of weather, time, season, etc. There could be say, 3 or 4 general ones and a few npc specific ones too, like maybe Shane will invite you out to another Tunnelers game, or Sebastian can invite you to go for a ride on his motorcycle. When you get to the date a cutscene will play out similar to the events that happen as you befriend people. Also, your partner would ask you to go to the fairs and festivals with him/her and they'll follow you around whatever fair/festival instead of standing around.

Edited by FXM420

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This actually could be easy if you wanted to do a weekly date night. If you're familiar with the way Sebastian is always at the saloon on Friday night for instance, you can see his programming causes him to not only tell you earlier in the day that he'll be there but then he'll go and you can talk to him there too.

So if you wanted datenight, You could easily program your spouse to do something similar, complete with special dialogue. It would probably be best to choose two or three different locations for variety but that would be easy. The beach, the spa, the saloon, the lake...

This would of course conflict with any other mod you have that changes where and when your characters go.

• 2 years later...