Adaptive Gauss Rifle - New end game weapon idea

KTwaaa

Adaptive Gauss Rifle
I thought of this weapon because I like playing an automatic build on the majority of my saves but was disappointed at the lack of damage of endgame automatic weaponry. Thus is my solution to the problem unfortunately i'm terrible a modding the game. So i was hoping a modder would take up this idea.
Made Up Lore - As the war with china continued, soldiers encountered more chimera tanks during the liberation and needed new and more penetrating weapons to deal with them, thus the prototype gauss rifle was designed. This new weapon provied its own practical and logistical problems, the first of which was the physical size and weight of the weapon requiring use of the mechanised infantry and the second problem was that the mechanised infantry was in high demand with limited numbers during the great war. The solution to this problem was for the US Army to give the contract to West-Tec to reduce the size and weight for an normal soldier to use but retain the majority of the penetrating power. West-Tec went with the idea of concentrated fire to pierce the chinese chimera tanks, thus they reduced the size of the capacitors and having the weapon cycle through them to allow a increased rate of fire.
Looks - A more finished and sleek look than the Fallout 4 gauss rifle with two small coils/capacitors on each side of the weapon. As if it wass getting ready to be mass produced to replace the plasma guns.
Advantages - Ability to be automatic, smaller overall size and weight, larger capacity (15 rounds), faster fire rate on semi-auto compaired to vanilla
Disadvantages - No charge ability, reduced range due to smaller coils, less damage (being slightly stronger than a plasma gun for end game gameplay)
Mods
Barrel - Standard Barrel, Shielded Barrel (more damage), Automatic Barrel, Shielded Automatic Barrel (more damage)
Stocks - Standard Stock (being metal instead of wood), Marksman Stock (less sight sway), Recoil Compensating Stock (less recoil)
Capacitors - Quarter Capacitors (two capacitors, standard), Half Capacitors (four capacitors, larger ammo capacity 25 rounds total and more damage), Full Capacitors (eight capacitors, max ammo capacity 35 rounds total and more damage)
Scopes - Same scopes as the vanilla gauss rifle with see through combat scopes as well (if possible)
Muzzle - Compensator, Suppressor
Skins - Military (black, army, navy, desert, urban) anymore you can think off.
Some good weapon designs

howdy!

I am intrigued by your idea and lore in this thread,

though my mod-fu is not strong, so I cannot aid in that respect.

a semi-auto gauss-rifle more like in FO3 and FONV would be a lot of fun,

as would a blue-blaster-ing snipers implement that

doesn't look as goofy as the 80s curves

all the institute weapons have.

however,

there are some options;

tumbajamba's XM73 gauss rifle overhaul

+

any mod any weapon

+ pipeweapon overhaul

+ parts pack mods of your choosing.

(i recommend the SOCOM mod, wacky winchester prototype parts mod,

the FO3 and FONV weapons in FO4 port mod, and the MIB/Buck Rogers mods)

using those, you can easily and quickly make

implements which resemble very closely the things you share as inspirations.

you may have to edit the zeroing points a little to get things looking just right.

start with a mod that has the color of lazer you want,

so, if blue then Institute lazer or Robo-brain arm...

then change to the XM73 or the base part of the rifle you like the look of,

exit the weapon menu,

test fire, it should mostly be the correct base color,

re-enter,

affix the other parts.

exit menu.

test the weapon.

if weapon registers as melee weapon, then load save game.

if weapon works properly, awesome.

if weapon is wrong color, reload save game and try again.

nb; do not affix MIRV or scopes from bazooka etc,

as this will change the projectile metadata to render as rockets... :smile:

Hopefully, I give you some workaround options in the meantime,

until modders team up and you get a standalone version of this working

good luck, and be sure to share images of what you come up with