Collision not working when adding roof static to the worldspace

Hi,

This is my first attempt at adding large static objects to the Skyrim world, and I'm having mixed results. :confused: I've added a well and a roof, both slightly embedded in the terrain to simulate being covered over in some sort of rockslide as pictured in the imgur link below. The problem is, the well appears to have collision, but the roof does not--characters can walk through it as though it was not there, as seen in these screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/OKQbX

However that same roof does have collision where it is used in Jorrvaskr in Whiterun: if I use tcl to toggle off collision, run "above" Jorrvaskr, and turn collision back on, I don't fall through the roof, rather I land on top of it.

I don't know enough about landscape editing to even know what the problem is, then, much less how to fix it so that my half-buried roof will have proper collision. Help, please?

Edited by DreamKingMods

The back porch mesh itself does not have collision. The full building has the collision including for the area where the porch fits. That's why you don't fall through when its part of the building. You will have to add the collision planes to the back porch if you use it onits own.

The back porch mesh itself does not have collision. The full building has the collision including for the area where the porch fits. That's why you don't fall through when its part of the building. You will have to add the collision planes to the back porch if you use it onits own.

Thank you so much for the guidance! I didn't know collision planes existed, but a quick Google, and I have it working now. Cheers! :thumbsup: