Kankaraya's Dwemer "Auto-Goggles" for males?

NotXigris

I've been attempting for hours to find and install the appropriate nifscripts for Blender so that I may just do this myself, but I am beyond trying at this point. My brain has been well and truly racked, and now I have the dumb.

http://i.imgur.com/xMvaUcj.png

Pictured above: Me way over my f***ing head.

Anyhow, I saw these goggles in a screenshot for some uncomfortably creepy loli waifu follower mod and fell in love immediately. These steampunk Dwemer-tech goggles would surely finish off my mage-builds outfit for now and forever and save me and many others from the terror that is boring wizard hoods. I tracked it down back to a little Japanese mod known as Kankaraya, which has numerous accessories. Unfortunately, all of the armor pieces in that mode seem to only work for the UNP nudie mod and not at all for any male characters.

http://i.imgur.com/83LB0SB.jpg

They look so much like children, it gives me the willies, and no not in that way. You sick f***. Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

I don't know if it's far too much to ask, or if it's really as simple as I suspect it is for someone with any clue on God's green earth as to what they're doing to just add males as compatible to this mesh? I'm sure I'm not the only play out there that would appreciate adding some fine Dwemer steam-punk spice to their outfit, so I think an audience would not be too hard to find. I'm not sure how permissions would go, admittedly, as they original author speaks Japanese and hasn't been seen for years.

http://i.imgur.com/5pnbV7Y.png

Please consider contributing to the fight to stop magical eye-melting. Only you can prevent cornea fires.

Edited by NotXigris

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I made a mod so the goggles would work on males as well. However, I am not an experienced modder. I am nervous to upload this mod to the nexus for two reasons, and was wondering if anyone here could help me.

1.) It's a bit... messy. I copied Kankaraya's original mod and made my tweaks from there. The goggles are light armor right now, but I could easily make heavy armor and clothing versions, if you'd like. I also added a smithing recipe under the jewelry tab that requires the Dwarven Smithing perk.

2.) Permissions. Like I said, I just copied the original mod and made some edits. I don't know how to make a patch. Additionally, I would like this mod to be all about the goggles (maybe this would help me not get in trouble for permissions?), but I don't know how to delete the irrelevant content. I always seem to miss some.

I am also worried this mod will not be what you want. The goggles look like they are floating unless your character has some floofy hair. I took some screenshots, but they are too big to upload to the forums. I can't believe I figured out how to get the goggles to do their thing when I can't even figure out how to upload screenshots to the internet.

Anyway, any help I could get would be appreciated. (Especially on how to post pictures. I would very much like to show you the goggles.)

Edited by NeumaticCross00