• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

skltra

skltra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

How would one create a mod to skip the werewolves quest, a la the "Skip the Fade" and "Shorten the Deep Roads" mods?  I don't understand how those mods work, and I would like to create one that jumps from meeting Swiftrunner for the first time to meeting the Lady of the Forest.

Taylor17387

Taylor17387

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Can't say about Skip the Fade, but I did the "Shortcut through Deep Roads" via scripting, and included the source code in the download, in case someone wanted to take a look at it. Basically, the script needs to perform a jump of location, and add all the relevant plot flags and items that you would have taken, had you played the normal way. After that you need to find a way to run that script, for example through a dialogue with an object or character.

skltra

skltra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Thanks, I'll try to work it out based on example.

So, uh, how does one open NCS files?  The rest I can open with GFF Editor and vim, but neither program knows what to do with the NCS files.

Taylor17387

Taylor17387

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

You can't open NCS files. You open NSS files with a text editor like Notepad

mcgoy

mcgoy

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 791 posts

It would be a really good idea to open them using the toolset since they need to be compiled....

KaraiValentine

KaraiValentine

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Did this get anywhere? Is there any mod to shorten the dalish part of the game?

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,001 posts

Note that six months have passed with no word.  I'm guessing, "No.  Nothing's been done."   :whistling:

KaraiValentine

KaraiValentine

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I kind of figured that so I was trying to bring it back in the spotlight again, maybe someone might be interested in it. There's one for the fade, ostagar, deep roads, why not for the brecilian forest? 

JameSteph

JameSteph

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I would definitely be interested in something like that.  Since the game came out, I am on possibly anywhere from my 8th to 10th playthrough, and it was excellent being able to skip the bloody Fade, as well as much of the Deep Roads.  It's a pity we don't have one for the Brecilian Forest at the moment.  That would be a great boon to those of us who love the game, but after so many playthroughs, would simply like to skip some of the tedium.

Page loaded in: 0.962 seconds