Skip Brecilian Forest

skltra

How would one create a mod to skip the werewolves quest, a la the "Skip the Fade" and "Shorten the Deep Roads" mods? I don't understand how those mods work, and I would like to create one that jumps from meeting Swiftrunner for the first time to meeting the Lady of the Forest.

Can't say about Skip the Fade, but I did the "Shortcut through Deep Roads" via scripting, and included the source code in the download, in case someone wanted to take a look at it. Basically, the script needs to perform a jump of location, and add all the relevant plot flags and items that you would have taken, had you played the normal way. After that you need to find a way to run that script, for example through a dialogue with an object or character.

Thanks, I'll try to work it out based on example.

So, uh, how does one open NCS files? The rest I can open with GFF Editor and vim, but neither program knows what to do with the NCS files.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I would definitely be interested in something like that. Since the game came out, I am on possibly anywhere from my 8th to 10th playthrough, and it was excellent being able to skip the bloody Fade, as well as much of the Deep Roads. It's a pity we don't have one for the Brecilian Forest at the moment. That would be a great boon to those of us who love the game, but after so many playthroughs, would simply like to skip some of the tedium.