Rippling/dripping effect?

yamfun

Is it possible to get a rippling/dripping effect on object?

Like, the game already got diffuse/glow shader, then can I make a bump/displacement map shader? or even animated bump/displacement map shader?

I heard that the ocean in Bethesda games use animated bump/displacement map to do the waves, can I apply that to say, armor?

or can I, for example, make a big bump/displacement map but only use part of it, then use script to shift the offset according to time to pretend animation?

Or maybe make tons of similar materials with slightly different bump/displacement map, then use script to replace an object's material according to time, to pretend an animated bump/displacement map?

Or maybe use some particle system that has particles moves along the surface of an object to pretend dripping?

Or maybe there is already some super easy and direct way to do it?

Thanks.

• 3 years later...

Oh damn, no comments and this is 4 years old. In creation kit, there is this item called FXDrips, I assume it is a drip effect but it doesn't seem to be working in game, I came to find an answer to it but instead I came across this question. I'm not completely sure if it actually works or is supposed to work. I want some help too.

I guess OP asked for effect shaders or something like that.

Anyways, the FXDrips comes in variations. Large, small, slow, fast, few, lots etc. Search for "drip".

Make sure to toggle on markers (M key) in Creation Kit.

AFK, but when markers are on, the drip is drawn as circle helper/markers. One circle for start/source and one circle for destination.

I guess it should be possible to duplicate the nif, open it in eg. NifScope and edit the source/destination coordinates etc.

• 3 weeks later...