Heavy Traffic ×

SE Creation Kit: Constant crashes in "Dialog Views" window

SkyrimData

Hello Nexus community! My frustration got me here to ask you guys if you eventually know a solution to my problem.

Currently I am creating a NPC who should give you a quest in the second you first meet him. But now my Creation Kit completly stopped my work on that project.
Every single time I try to click on my created Editor ID to keep on working on my costum dialog in the "Dialog View" tab, the Creation Kit instantly stops working and crashes.

I already run the CK as an admin and tried to find some fixes on the internet but nothing helped to fix the problem.

Do some of you guys experience the same?

I am using Windows 10 and my PC stats should be more than enough to run the CK.

16gb RAM
Intel I7 Core, 3.4Ghz Quadcore
Nvidia GeForce GTX970 4GB

Thanks in advance!

Just chipping in to say that this issue makes making mods VERY hard as I may need to go back and forth to add/remove dialog branches as I make changes to the mod.

Yes, still hoping and googling for a fix/workaround :(

Just chipping in to say that this issue makes making mods VERY hard as I may need to go back and forth to add/remove dialog branches as I make changes to the mod.

Yes, still hoping and googling for a fix/workaround :sad:

I dunno how you can do that, because branching is not available .

• 1 month later...

This sucks ! I was really hoping I was doing something wrong or maybe had not installed something... I get to the exact same point as you. I have created and edited a quest for 2 or 3 hours, no problem, add dialog, save exit out to the main CK screen, no problem. But the minute I save and exit Ck altogether, then boot back into it and try the quest, "Dialogue Views" I get the same error.

I created a second quest, but did not add any dialog, just created quest, gave it with 3 stages, filled out the quest data tab, saved. exited out, cranked up CK again and I COULD get into "Dialogue Views" (of course nothing in there) . It seems the minute you add dialog in the dialogue views tab, save and then exit ck.... when you start it up again it will crash when you try to view any of your dialog branches. (as shown below)

566acd9b552f3c665a88c5de97dd4c23.gif

The CK is bugged as hell atm.

It crashes randomly all the time on me. Some values you change don't get saved after hitting Ok on some object windows. At some point you can't edit anything anymore because you cant open the edit windows anymore.

I hope they will patch this thing someday because it takes forever to open a project.