[Noob] Hahah ... What am I doing wrong?

TheBaer

I've extracted the eyebrows from the texture.bsa. I imported the .dds into photoshop (malebrow_5, FYI), doubled the image size, tweaked it (made it less bushy), and then I exported the file.

When I tested it in the character creation screen, this was the resultant mess:

(Okay ... image uploading doesn't seem to work. Go here for a visual of the problem: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wc2ufc&s=5)

What am I doing wrong?

Is there something specific I'm supposed to tell the Nvidia plugin to do? I tried a couple of different settings, all with the same result ...

Am I supposed to add a new normal map for this brow? I don't see why- the game only has one normal map for all of the male brows.

Please help-

TheBaer

Edited by TheBaer

Do you mean the DX type? I tried 1, 3 and 5. I even switched from 'colour' to 'grey' maps, just to see if that would fix it; all that did was make the eyebrows invisible, but the circle was still there, except it was grey (duh) and slightly lighter.

So you're saying I might have removed transparency somehow ... Is there a way for me to copy the transparency layer from the original? Or should I just add a new transparent/semi-transparent (?) layer to the .dds?

Addendum: STSG, David Brasher here says that .dds files aren't supposed to have more than one layer, and that you're not supposed to load mipmaps when you're retexturing. When I originally worked on the file, I did not load mipmaps, and I did not have more than one layer open in photoshop ...

Edited by TheBaer

You can check if the file you are using still has an alpha channel (and what does it cover) I guess. If not you can copy it from the original file, but I don't see how you could have deleted it though, so probably not it. Edited by STSG

Okay, thanks. I appreciate you trying to help. Uhm ... where can I see if the file has this property?

Oh, I see now why you think it might be transparency: the only reason the game would make that circle is if it is using parallax displacement mapping with the texture.

I did add an alpha layer in DX3, and DX5 does this automatically, and neither of those exports worked, either. :confused:

Edited by TheBaer