I've got a problem updating Nexus Mod Manager

rnrboss

So, I'll try to explain this as clearly as possible. I fired up nexus today to play some Skyrim and was hit with the update message. I of course updated, but was hit with the error,

"MoveFile Failed; code183"

cannot create a file when that file already exists

The specific path was "C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe"

I choose to ignore the file, assuming that it simply meant that it wasn't changing the exe. For reference, this is version 0.63.7. Now, I couldn't fire up nexus altogether, and when the installer finished I told it to run nexus mod manager, I get the error,

Unable to execute file

C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe

CreateProcess Failed; code 2.

The System cannot find the file specified

So, now I'm wondering what I've just done, and try to launch the shortcut, and get the error

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item.

I think you can guess the file path at this point.

So now I'm pissed, and I go to simply delete the offending file and just reinstall mod manager.

However, when I try to delete it, I get the message,

File Access Denied

You need permission from this computer's administrator to make changes to this file.

Alright, now what? I'm the only user on this computer, so I have no idea who to ask. I browse a few forums in order to figure out a solution, and come across one recommending this command:

takeown /F "C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe"

I enter this command, and I get the message

ERROR:Access is Denied

I'm at a loss for words, and I have no idea what to do. Some people have suggested file-assassin, but I have no idea how well that will work. I can't go into permissions, since I lack access to even read them. Please, anyone who thinks they can help, let me know. Also, I'm not sure if this is even the right place to post this, so if I need to post this in a different sub-forum, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.