• Please log in to reply
1817 replies to this topic

shadowcatcoyote

shadowcatcoyote

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
so this means as a user n with a little modding skill i cna take old old armors and fix them to work with sse. if this is so im am so grateful and hopefully i can learn this more and perfect it . testing now, would the dds textures or the nif files give the red warning when puttin on armor after i replaced the nif files

Edited by shadowcatcoyote, 13 November 2016 - 08:47 PM.

LexiconLuthor

LexiconLuthor

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
In response to post #44464050. #44464140, #44464450 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

ty boo <3

orze04

orze04

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Nice,your work is great!!

Eman17j

Eman17j

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
When you say head parts does this also include eyes?

Eman17j

Eman17j

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
In response to post #44464050. #44464140, #44464450, #44468480 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

One thing I would look at are the mesh texture paths in NifSkope. I had some were the paths were wrong and it was messing up the texture.

The first pic looks like what happened to me when I tried to convert a mesh from SIC. I had used the Batch spell make all skin partitions and the textures went nuts like that.

Edited by Eman17j, 13 November 2016 - 08:49 PM.

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 21,617 posts

Removes all-white vertex colors from meshes.

In every attempt I've done this for so far prior to this tool, this has resulted in the mesh in question becoming significantly darker both in Nifskope and the game. Shouldn't this be an optional thing you can disable from the command line?

ousnius

ousnius

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 9,990 posts
In response to post #44469425.

Spoiler

Yes.

ousnius

ousnius

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 9,990 posts
In response to post #44469675.

Spoiler

I'm assuming you've also turned off the shader flag when trying it previously?

I was thinking that white vertex colors mean nothing changes (color * 1.0 = color), but I can add parameters at any point if needed.

Edited by ousnius, 13 November 2016 - 08:53 PM.

winterlove

winterlove

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,443 posts
In response to post #44469675. #44469965 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

What ousnius says mirrors my experience of working with meshes for SSE using NIfScan. If it tells me that some vertex colours are all white, then you must also uncheck the Vertex Colours flag from the SLF2 flags if it is set, otherwise, yes, you get a very dark mesh.

NifScan actually tells you this, although not terribly clearly. If you get a "[x] Vertex colours all #FFFFFF" AND you also have "[near-x] <message which says SLF2 flags have to match the other block>" then you DON'T need to change the flags in the shader block, just delete the vertex colours array. If you only get the first message, you must also uncheck the vertex colours flag from the corresponding shader block before deleting the vertex colours.

Rusey

Rusey

Orc Girls in Lipgloss

• Premium Member
  • 9,028 posts
Bless you bless you bless you. Ousnius and jonwd7 are my heroes. <3

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.025 seconds