How to limit Skyrim SE's FPS to 60 on a 144Hz monitor with an Nvidia GPU

Zambad

Skyrim's physics go haywire if the FPS exceeds 60. The more the worse the effects. On 120Hz monitors you can just set the v-sync to use half of your refresh rate, but on 144Hz that's 72, which already causes issues. Here's a self-discovered tutorial I put together on how to limit the FPS if you have an Nvidia GPU: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/5cs6fx/144hz_fps_fix_how_to_lock_skyrim_ses_fps_to_60/

Sorry for using just a link, but I want it to get noticed through Reddit so that it may spread to reach more people.

I had a couple of posts about "clanking noise from clipping". Here is what I did to fix this.

I downloaded Nvidia Inspector and was able to get it to recognize Skyrim SE. It has a category for customization of "Frame Rate" and I capped mine at 59.7 FPS. It has been running without issues since then.

YouTube has a couple of good videos about Nvidia Inspector and how it works. Good luck!

Also I have a GTX 980ti with the Asus XB270HU monitor with g-sync.

I had a couple of posts about "clanking noise from clipping". Here is what I did to fix this.

I downloaded Nvidia Inspector and was able to get it to recognize Skyrim SE. It has a category for customization of "Frame Rate" and I capped mine at 59.7 FPS. It has been running without issues since then.

YouTube has a couple of good videos about Nvidia Inspector and how it works. Good luck!

Also I have a GTX 980ti with the Asus XB270HU monitor with g-sync.

I see my title has caused some confusion. I wasn't asking a question, I was providing the answer. I wish I could change the title.

There should be an option under the resolution settings in CP that lets you select the hz rating. I've seen a 144fps monitor with options for 60, but I'm not sure if it works that way for all monitors.