Experiencing a strange visual effect in SSE, looking for a fix

IIAriochII

Hi,

so please take a look at this screenshot. http://imgur.com/a/ozOsE

I am looking for a fix to get rid of the little "dots" you see around the flame. I have no idea what is causing it.

I am using CoT, a ReShade (but it is not filmgrain, cause it also happens when I turn it off) NobleSkyrim as well as SMIM, none of them should cause this effect.

Anybody know a solution?

Thank you!

It could be the texture pack not being completely compatible with the Special Edition. I know the snow shaders in the Special Edition mess with that texture pack, maybe that is also something that is wonky when using it too. Try uninstalling it and see what happens. There is also a chance CoT is causing it. At least one other user has reported wonky textures while using CoT, so assuming they are correct about what the cause is, that could be your problem too. So, after your test to see if it's the texture pack, try and test CoT as well (unless the texture pack was the cause). Hope that helps.

It could be the texture pack not being completely compatible with the Special Edition. I know the snow shaders in the Special Edition mess with that texture pack, maybe that is also something that is wonky when using it too. Try uninstalling it and see what happens. There is also a chance CoT is causing it. At least one other user has reported wonky textures while using CoT, so assuming they are correct about what the cause is, that could be your problem too. So, after your test to see if it's the texture pack, try and test CoT as well (unless the texture pack was the cause). Hope that helps.

I tried both, without success. Could it be some shadow setting?