[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, nice to have you DieBySword.

Btw, he's a new team member in the scripting department.

He made a version of the Call of Hircine .esp that's apparently working for him, though his Creation Kit doesn't have the update. Either way, its not working for me, so I'm not sure what to do besides put the script together from scratch, step by step.

http://wczasy-justyna.pl/test.zip

I would say thats your best shot, take it easy and goodluck

Stupid CK -.-...

Anyone has problems like this:

I tried to open a script which i make (combat modification for werewolves and some other stuff) then CK crashed when i started to edit...in 5 mins 10 + crashes in a row :(....wtf... :(

Btw im using my old script from Curse Of Hircine where i worked with LogicDragon seems that it worked in Skyrim but with few glitches (Crit chance happens every time when i hit a target...stuff like that)....

YouTube: Still processing :D

DyeBySword@

I see you put only time variable in the script so transformation its accually not related to the moon phase...thats odd because i saw somewhere console command for moon phases in skyrim so im 100 % positive it should be already in Skyrim.esm scripts but where and what are exact commands O.o...

Btw about console i think it was on Uespwiki or on TESwiki...im not sure...

TheElderInfinity@

Ill put my scripting on a pause now for a week i have 2 important exams on uni coming up so i hope you and Sword can manage?

Oh yes and can you charge me for Combat,Stat related scripts im best in that,so you and Sword can work on main scripts if thats ok?

Edited by Xahstur

^ There's no way to directly discern moon phase. One step at a time, its the only way to ensure a script works; first lets get the transformation working at night.

btw DieBySword: I just realized that you need to give me the script files along with the .esp...I think.

DyeBySword@

I see you put only time variable in the script so transformation its accually not related to the moon phase...thats odd because i saw somewhere console command for moon phases in skyrim so im 100 % positive it should be already in Skyrim.esm scripts but where and what are exact commands O.o...

Btw about console i think it was on Uespwiki or on TESwiki...im not sure...

The time variable is there for the werewolf transformation to last longer than usual but it needs to be changed becuase as it is now a new transformation is triggering every 20 seconds.

The moonphase part isnt set yet but from the CK the phase is every 24 days and last 3 days total. You only need to note on which day from the intro a full moon appears and make the math,

WorldData->Climate->Skyrim has the info but not the date so I guess the first night we observe after getting out of helgen is a full moon.

Scripts @ http://wczasy-justyna.pl/WerewolfTransform.zip

Edited by DieBySword

EEET IS ALLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! (I copied your script and got it to work)

But not very clean. I actually got the script to work. Thank you DieBySword. Next order of business, get the transformation script running smoothly. I'll be optimizing the script, which I'll post here regularly, and doing some other stuff.

Here's what we need to accomplish in terms of scripting till we can say Proof Of Concept I is complete

- The player must be able to attack when transformed via this script. That's a big oversight, but I have no idea why its happening.

- The werewolf transformation temporary skin (that black smoke effect) has to go after the transformation. As it, it pops up every five seconds. I imagine that means that the game keeps casting beast form on the player over and over, but I'm not sure.

- We need to unlock fast travel, wait, and menus for the werewolf (I'm already fairly certain I know how to do that.)

- We need to make it so the player can howl.

Moon phases, random chances to transform on nights with non-full moons, and interrupting sleeping and waiting will be the goal of PoCII. At that point, I'm hoping the new werewolf model will be ready.

- The player must be able to attack when transformed via this script. That's a big oversight, but I have no idea why its happening.

- The werewolf transformation temporary skin (that black smoke effect) has to go after the transformation. As it, it pops up every five seconds. I imagine that means that the game keeps casting beast form on the player over and over, but I'm not sure.

Well my script is only a debugger work in progress atm but those two problems are easy to fix and are dependant one another -> you can not attack while in the transformation animation and that one is triggered every 20 sec right now.

As for the moonphases I confirmed it starts on the 16th of last seed 4E, 201 which variables are easily accesed from the GlobalVariable menu. Full moon starts on 16th and ends on 18th so 3 days but only 2 night ( like in the weather table )

A Full moon cycle is 24 days but I noticed a problem here. The moon is a layer and the clouds/fog is another layer so a full moon can be triggered but we wont see if the sky is all cloudy or there is a thick fog.

So will the werewolf transformation trigger regardless of the weather or do we need to be able to see the moon before we trigger the transformation ?

Well my script is only a debugger work in progress atm but those two problems are easy to fix and are dependant one another -> you can not attack while in the transformation animation and that one is triggered every 20 sec right now.

As for the moonphases I confirmed it starts on the 16th of last seed 4E, 201 which variables are easily accesed from the GlobalVariable menu. Full moon starts on 16th and ends on 18th so 3 days but only 2 night ( like in the weather table )

A Full moon cycle is 24 days but I noticed a problem here. The moon is a layer and the clouds/fog is another layer so a full moon can be triggered but we wont see if the sky is all cloudy or there is a thick fog.

So will the werewolf transformation trigger regardless of the weather or do we need to be able to see the moon before we trigger the transformation ?

Imo we can do it like this:

During clear night sky and when its the full moon the player is forced to transform (so on gibbous and full moons if its clear sky ofc the player will transform) if the weather is foggy and cloudy he will not transform i think its good in that way O.o what do you think guys?

TheElderInfinity@

Player Howling O.o wuuut? Oh yes about howling i found some good sound files and some left overs from my previous mod so if you wish i can add it to existing howling?More sounds for werewolf i mean...