Ok so. I'm relatively new at modding. here is what i did:
1. I updated NMM so that it can include Fallout 4 mods (that's how behind I was) and the windows framework
2. I looked for mods that could enhance game play without decreasing performance
3. I found Vivid Fallout - Landscapes - Textures in HD - ORIGINAL SIZE - LOWER RESOLUTION
4. I had found other mods with parts 1 and part 2 but they required steps that i did not understand: like deleting the BA files. But I did do the steps that prepared fallout 4 for mods. such as
You will need to add the following line to the Fallout4Prefs.ini file below the section marked [Launcher]:
You will need to change the following line in Fallout4.ini:
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\
And subsequently NMM told me to delete everything after the '='
5. I installed using NMM and activated the mod
6. The game started crashing every time I wanted to load a save or start a new game.
7. I downloaded manually and deactivated the mod in NMM
8. I Copied the mod Data files and replaced the data folder.
9. I added lines of code to the Fallout 4 INi file (at the bottom of the notepad docuement):
I also reactivated the NMM
10. the game still crashes on both saves and new game. What am I missing?