Skyrim - Civil War Overhaul

warrior276276

So I am currently starting another play through of Skyrim and I wanted to install the Civil War Overhaul mod, but when I went to the nexus page it has been removed for some reason. If someone has the mod could you please send it to me in a Dropbox or something similar because I really want this mod, and can someone explain why it was taken down?

I believe it would be very,very much against Apollodown's wishes for the mod to be distributed like that,and I will play no part in it. However,considering the fact that he pulled all of his mods from the Nexus temporarily until the passing of the American election,and now that he's pulled the mod from the Nexus again,I think it would be safe to assume it has something to do with that,though I don't know for certain,and I have no idea where Apollodown puts up news and such outside of the Nexus.

So,yeah. If anyone has any news about this,I'd also like to know.

He pulled it because he was upset about the trash talk about SJW, Feminists, Blacklives matter, etc. He is liberal and was hoping for a Hillary Clinton victory. In his self assuredness of a Clinton Victory and anger at Trump supporters he pulled all his mods until the election was over. I believe he aimed to make them available once Clinton won but since Trump was the winner he still hasn't put them back up (as a form of protest). Maybe he is out there with all the protesters which is why the mods aren't available yet...

I've done a bit of digging,and have learned that the pattern I've observed is false; According to Reddit (A little more reliable than a guy extrapolating on a two-point pattern),Apollodown pulled his mods because he's dissatisfied with their quality,and will be simply uploading up-to-date versions at a later date,likely to erase the fustercluck that was the comments sections in the wake of the election,and to make support easier,by way of removing support for versions of the mod that don't require the expansions.

Although,the fustercluckery in the comments was likely the catalyst he was looking for to do this with minimal controversy. Might not be squeaky clean,but hey. It gets things done. Patience,friends. Patience.

I've done a bit of digging,and have learned that the pattern I've observed is false; According to Reddit (A little more reliable than a guy extrapolating on a two-point pattern),Apollodown pulled his mods because he's dissatisfied with their quality,and will be simply uploading up-to-date versions at a later date,likely to erase the fustercluck that was the comments sections in the wake of the election,and to make support easier,by way of removing support for versions of the mod that don't require the expansions.

Although,the fustercluckery in the comments was likely the catalyst he was looking for to do this with minimal controversy. Might not be squeaky clean,but hey. It gets things done. Patience,friends. Patience.

I hope u got right man,and i hope he will improve description.Deciphering what he actually mean to say put my head on border of explosion

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What a bunch of poo.Taking down mods because election.I never get Americans,they are too strange for me

I'm an American and I STILL don't understand other Americans most of the time, you'd think living here would provide some insite but I guess we're all just as strange to one another as we are to people outside of the USA

Wait what? There was an election?

LOL.

On a serious note, I also hope Apollodown is reworking CWO. I'd love to try a new version of it. There is precedent for this sort of thing. MyGoodEye (along with GrandBulwark) completely re-engineered WarZones. WZ, as some of you old-timers might remember, was a great mod that added civil war battles all across the face of Skyrim. Unfortunately, it was a bit buggy (to put it kindly.) But he and GrandBulwark completely re-coded it and gave it a shiny new MCM menu (which got rid of a lot of issues) and re-published it on the Nexus as "WarZones2015". It was very well received by new users.

Perhaps Apollodown will partner with some folks to do much the same thing. We can but hope.