Skyrim - Civil War Overhaul

warrior276276

Wait, did the author of this amazing (yet buggy) mod pull all of his work down because the candidate he supports losed the US elections ?

I at 1st though it was some kind of joke or maybe he had a role to play in this mess. If he planed to release his work after Clinton's victory, well, I guess he was a bit butthurt, but he somehow kept his words. But cut out tons of work because of this ? wut. I just dont get it, cause it does not make any sense.

Anyways ...

How can I verify that my version of CWO is working ? I may be at ~300 hours (lv.91) of play on this character, I didn't pick a side yet. And as I remember this mod is quite buggy. I have a hundred of mods running, but CWO was on the top of the list -must have- like skyui, hotkeys mods, HLE, etc., the sort of mod I can't imagine playing without. CWO was in the first 5 for sure.

I've noticed big brawls of Stormcloaks facing Imperials (with Mages on both sides) on several set places, like 25vs25. But this could come from other mods.

I'd like to be sure the mod's running, how can I check it for sure ? (console, IG stuff or whatever) So it does'nt screw my CW questline up, and noticing it when it's too late even with several saves.

Sorry for long post of poor english, I hope CWO will be back on nexus some day

I just want to say that i managed to port this mod to skyrim SE and it seems to be working correctly. i can't share the file for respect to the author and i am not 100% sure the mod is stable.

I just want to say that i managed to port this mod to skyrim SE and it seems to be working correctly. i can't share the file for respect to the author and i am not 100% sure the mod is stable.

Can you send your ported files to my email?

72changes#gmail.com

Just a minor update (from some time ago, actually...) Apollodown has permanently removed CWO (and all his mods.) He made a final (?) post on Reddit which I will NOT go into as it would probably trigger too much saltiness here. But the upshot is that he's no longer interested in sharing his mods due to several negative factors, some of which I can understand and others that have me scratching my balding noggin going "wut the fug?"

Anyway, unless he changes his mind (which I hope he does) you will not see CWO again. Unless someone else builds a comparable mod from scratch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as I remember, he made them available again some months ago, I know because I downloaded the file this year, but I can't remember when exactly and I've already erased the "history" of my downloads in MO.

My guess is that he'll try a shot to enter the Creation Club, but I think that part of the requirements was to do not have the purported work to be released via Bethesda in any other place (Here, workshop, etc.)

But of course, that's just like my opinion. man.

He wrote a really long, really whiny rant on reddit about how "Drumpf fans" don't get to play his mods, or something along those lines, and because he thinks it is possible some """nazi""" (read: People he doesn't like, by the tone of his post on reddit) played his mod, that made him decide to take them down to prevent more """nazis""" from enjoying them. He also, apparently demanded someone make a political statement on reddit in return for his mods returning. When the person refused (Because Appolodown straight up called him a nazi for disagreeing with him), he refused to put the mods back up. I can't prove that that is true - Just screenshots of the back and forth exist, but the tone of his post saying why he removed the mods, and the writing cadence seem to show that he wrote them both.

This is foolish, because, as the whole Monetized Mods on Steam backlash showed, people can just pirate the mods. I'm not saying anyone should do that, people should respect modder's wishes, but... If he thinks he's going to prevent the """nazis""" from playing his mods, he's mistaken.

I just wish people would stop with the drama over politics. Personally, I think he just didn't want to do maintenance on the mods anymore, and is using "Drumpf" and "Natzees" as an excuse.

Edited by Foamybeard

yup, okay, he dont wanna some mythical "nazis" and Trump fans he sees everywhere to use his mods. but, fook, does he really think every fooking one using his mods is living in the US and giving a fook bout US politics? seriously? for example, i'm russian and i dont fooking care who won their election. and i can bet, i'm not the only one around. why shouldn't we be able to download the mods we like? :dry: *yeah, yeah, i usually do have every mod i really like saved on my HDD, but so it happened, that two my HDD's went broken at aproximately the same time, so i've lost my collection. if it'd be no tesall, i would've lost this mod for forever, coz of... Trump winning the election... tell someone, they wont believe - so dumb it sounds...*

I just wish people would stop with the drama over politics. Personally, I think he just didn't want to do maintenance on the mods anymore, and is using "Drumpf" and "Natzees" as an excuse.

so why not saying that directly? like "guys, i'm kinda bored and dont wanna develop this any longer"? :huh:

Edited by slip9419

• 1 month later...

More specifically, porting this mod over to SE may be illegal without the author's explicit consent. Not exactly a bright move sharing that piece of good willed skull duggery on here.

That being said, I'm thrilled the last version I had of CWO is still working with the latest skse update. This is the perfect reason why I never upgrade major game play overhaul mods like this until a good couple of weeks after their Nexus release. And always keep backups of the previous versions in case of Murphy's Law.

Edited by AlarictheVisgoth