Skyrim - Civil War Overhaul

warrior276276

Some people are working on another option, "Open Civil War" for both Oldrim and SSE. It is not like CWO as it is not (yet) integrated into the game and it is played more like a board game and it is still a WIP, but you guys can try if you are interested. Not sure if It is correct to post the link here but you only have to google it.

Perhaps in my signature... :ninja:

The development of Open Civil War follows two-branch model: stable (currently 2.3.x), and development (currently 2.4.x). The stable branch is not a WIP, and the development branch is a far cry from "not integrated into a game", whatever that means.

But the biggest difference is that I'm adding defense city battles as we speak - in the 2.3.x design, the enemy faction could only take back holds with off-screen events. As a teaser, you could defend your faction capital city in a "siege relief" event, but that was about it.

Perhaps in my signature... :ninja:

The development of Open Civil War follows two-branch model: stable (currently 2.3.x), and development (currently 2.4.x). The stable branch is not a WIP, and the development branch is a far cry from "not integrated into a game", whatever that means.

But the biggest difference is that I'm adding defense city battles as we speak - in the 2.3.x design, the enemy faction could only take back holds with off-screen events. As a teaser, you could defend your faction capital city in a "siege relief" event, but that was about it.

When I said "not integrated" I'm trying to say that it is not linked to the main civil war quest in the way that CWO was (or I think it was) in some thread I remember reading something about doing just the two or three first missions of the quest and then use your mod to play battles.

Maybe I'm using wrong the WIP expression, but as the mod it's getting better and better with more types of battles like the defense ones as you say. That's why I said that it is still being working on.

Another option that someone once recommended me but I didn't try out was "Radian Spawn Engine" by rymon23. It is supposed to let you choose more factions to fight and take control of the map.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So.....wait.....Apollodown yanked all his mods because Trump won? I'm not happy about the current President either, but that's just a childish response. You don't like the way the election went so you're going to remove your contributions to a community which has only a very tenuous connection to American politics? Friggin' grow up. He's got the right to act like a child if he wants to, of course, but the dude just lost all the respect his fantastic work had won with me.

• 2 months later...