vendor not paying glitch

Dumbbus

@user826: Once you get a "reference" indirectly (from the calling object), then supposedly you can use the JIP function SetRefName to give that specific instance a name unique only to that reference (and not to the "base form" which would affect EVERY instance).

@GamerRick: Probably not at script level, but JIP has shown it might be possible at the engine level (as with the fix for timers). Though the need for fixing caps at the engine level is not nearly as acute (IMHO) as that for the timers.

-Dubious-

• 11 months later...

Old thread, i know, but the vendor bug got me recently.
Yet another long-standing bug or limitation, like beth never expected players to have that much money.
Anyways, skyrim modders fixed the problem through skyrim script extender, so i'm assuming it should be possible here too, if any code-savvy modder picks up the cause.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85285?tab=posts
Maybe something that should come built into JIP eh? :cool:

• 4 months later...

I believe I may have a fix. *EDIT* this is a workaround.

I just encountered this bug when Hayward (trader, Freetech Broadcast Building - A.W.O.P. mod) ended up with over 50,000 caps, probably due to his repair services.

Any transactions would not actually transfer money from the vendor to my character, however items would be taken by the vendor (how annoying).

The simple fix was to "resurrect" Hayward.

Open the console (` key), select the vendor (click with the mouse pointer so the the vendor name appears), enter "resurrect" into the console and hit enter.

This reset Hayward's inventory, and his caps to nearly zero.

Further transactions worked correctly after this workaround.

I waited two days and Hayward's caps has jumped up to just under 10k.

I have not tested this on any other traders.

Edited by RetroGamerUK

Resetting a vendor's inventory is called a "workaround" rather than a "fix", as the underlying code limitation is still there.

JIP fixes the engine so it now performs all calculations using double-precision and prevents "divide by zero" errors, but functions still return values at the defined level of precision. So it depends upon how the "caps" inventory variable is declared in the vendor's scripts.

-Dubious-

I believe I may have a fix.

I just encountered this bug when Hayward (trader, Freetech Broadcast Building - A.W.O.P. mod) ended up with over 50,000 caps, probably due to his repair services.

Any transactions would not actually transfer money from the vendor to my character, however items would be taken by the vendor (how annoying).

The simple fix was to "resurrect" Hayward.

Open the console (` key), select the vendor (click with the mouse pointer so the the vendor name appears), enter "resurrect" into the console and hit enter.

This reset Hayward's inventory, and his caps to nearly zero.

Further transactions worked correctly after this fix.

I waited two days and Hayward's caps has jumped up to just under 10k.

I have not tested this on any other traders.

Thank you for the correction.