[LE] Having trouble importing mesh into blender - array too long issue

Faelrin

So I just got blender 2.49b (and the nifscripts and python, etc) installed again using the download from the Oblivion nexus site. Using the blender import export tutorial on the Skyrim nexus to refresh my mind on things as it's been a while. Got the startup version set to 20.2.0.7 and changed the user versions on the mesh to 11 and 34 from 12 and 83 like I'm supposed to, along with deleting the BSLightingShaderProperty. I even delete the BSInvMarker from the mesh as well before saving it and trying to import it. Yet every time I try to import it into blender I get a python script error saying something like the array too long, whatever that means. The mesh I'm trying to import is the nordiccarvedhelmetm_0.nif. The version of nifskope I have (copied from the folder name) is "NifSkope_2_0_2016-04-11-1". Maybe that is too recent for what I'm trying to do?

Edit: For whatever reason, it's probably related to that version of nifskope and saving the mesh in it after performing the import steps. Switching to the older version found on the blender import export tutorial mod page, and redoing the steps to import the mesh into blender worked.

Edited by Faelrin

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I have been trying with no luck to create an armor mesh for skyrim for a while now and I am currently using Nifskope version 2.0 Dev 7. Is there any chance someone could point me in the right direction of where to download the older version? The link I tried is now broken. Thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...