Megaton Home - Modifying Themes and Acessories

FreedomFighter4

Hey, new to using the GECK and getting acquainted with it. Mainly just shortcuts and attempting simple things.

Anyways, i'm attempting to modify the themes individually and maybe include some items in the workbench specifically. I know how they work sort of in a crude way. Like the red X markers in the worldspace show what they're linked to. I've looked up topics but nothing points me in the right direction with simplicity.

My questions.

1. How do I hide individual themes or items? I highlighted the items through the filter and pressed [1] two times and also tried pressing [F5] and neither of them would hide any items.

2. How to I link a new item to one of the markers? I want them to only spawn when I purchase the theme/accessories (Workbench, etc.). I know how to place them in the world but they're in the home when I first acquire it which is what I don't want.

3. Any G.E.C.K. tips for easy of use. I've read up on the tutorials a little bit but any more advice is appreciated!

I feel like they're more questions that i'm missing to ask but so far I hope someone can help me with these.

#2 ...Enable Parent tab on the reference window is what your looking for. You can select the cell from its drop down and the reference to be its parent from its drop down (some times more useful) Or the standard usually easier method is to click the "Select Reference in Render Window" which you would want it to be visible in the render window (parent) before you click this button. Then a reticle appears which you mouse over stuff , and it turns white when you have a suitable reference to become the parent ... then double left click.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Reference#Enable_Parent

#1...Disableing objects in the render window by pressing the "1" key ... doesn't make them disappear , they just become a little dimmer and are not selectable by clicking on them in the render window. Conversely re-enable all of them by pressing "F5" .

However the geck won't accept these commands unless the render window is active. So if you had selected them from the cell window. You would need to click on the render window once for it to become active. I find it easiest to click its header margin. That way you don't accidentally click on another reference loosing your selection group.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mktavish