Restore Combat Zone & Hostile Zones Into Interesting Settlements

Sakabato

Basically my idea is to make Fallout 4 zones more interesting, instead of raider outposts everywhere. It's really annoying, everytime you find an interesting zone and you probably think it must be a unique settlement with new people and quests, nope, just more raiders to kill.

So what I have in mind is if someone can turn these interesting place in actual interesting places. Perhaps not full of new quests(altough that would be awesome) but just filled with non-hostile people. For example, the Northern Star would still have Norwegian Ghouls but who lived organized into a community. Or perhaps some of them where actual Norwegian Ghouls and there where also some human settlers who lived there with their permission. The ghouls would probably have a "far harbor" look, in terms of clothes perhaps, and everyone would be seen doing different things. Some would be cooking food, others fixing stuff, others simply walking across the ship. Perhaps a few watchers would be placed with scoped rifles to guard the ship, stuff like that. Same thing with Libertalia, it was such an interesting zone, with all those ships connected through makeshift bridges, they could be actual houses for normal people to live in. While the main ship would be where the old Minutemen where. And altough their story should remain the same, about them no longer being "actual" minutemen, and having to resort to criminality to survive, they should still be dressed as minutemen(instead of raiders), without any painted faces and so on. Just because they're a group of criminals doesn't mean they have to attack everyone they see, that doesn't make sense, how would they know who I am? That I don't want to join them or something? And lore-wise, they'd let settlers live in their territory as long as they paid them tribute with either money or food(most likely fish). Just because you started raiding caravans that doesn't mean you need to also paint your face, dress in wierd garments and wear all those metal pipes around you..

When it comes to the combat zone, it might be possible to restore it using those unused sound files that where found in the game perhaps? Make it a real arena, and only after you defeated Cait Tommy would give her to you. And when you entered the combat zone you wouldn't have everyone attacking you, obviously, those raiders would keep doing what they where doing, minding their own bussiness and that's it. You'd talk to tommy to fight the Arena, and so on.

The same thing about the Children of Atom, why are they non-hostile in some zones and completely hostile in others? What if I'm wearing their clothes? What if I helped them in Far Harbor? Nope, still hostile. It just doesn't make sense. It's like if you found hostile and non-hostile BoS or Minutemen and so on. They shouldn't be hostile, anywhere, unless you attacked them. In those Player Settlements that you find them, and need to kill them in order to gain those settlements, perhaps if you had sided with them in Far Harbor you'd simply have to talk with one of them and he'd say "I've heard about your acomplishments brother, you are free to join us and help make this place more suitable for the worshiping of Atom"(something like that), and then you could use the settlement. If you wheren't friends with the CoT, then, altough they not being hostile, you'd still have to engage them and kill them(which wouldn't make all CoT hostile, just that group).

Edited by Sakabato

"The same thing about the Children of Atom, why are they non-hostile in some zones and completely hostile in others?"

It has to do with factions. I encountered this issue when making my Crater of Atom settlement mod. The first iteration of the CoA beacon summoned a hostile Child, and eventually I got it so a different NPC template was used. It's something that I've had some comments and pms from my mod and here on the board to have a look at since you are right, it doesn't make sense if I join the Church of Atom for them to be hostile to me at Kingsport Lighthouse and Crater House (in Salem).

Hopefully someone with more experience with the faction system can have better input.

Bonus: Disguises Looks like the mod author changed it from Raider Disguises to a lot of different stuff. It includes Children of Atom. Might be some stuff to learn there.

I managed to make the Children of Atom, Children of Atom Friend, and Glowing Sea Children factions allies for my Crater of Atom settlement and will publish the newest version after I figure out how to add the player character to their factions when wearing their clothes. I messaged the author of the Disguises mod and am waiting to hear back from him/her.

Just thinking to myself. A quest could be made where you talk to Tommy and dialogue would pop up for fighting and once that is triggered you would be put in the arena and a raider would be spawned to fight. Upon beating the raider, the completion stage would be triggered and you could get caps from Tommy. As for the dialogue, it would be unvoiced unless someone can either approximate his voice or splice enough audio together for him to say the lines.

The disguises mod also works on Libertalia since you were talking about that.

I managed to make the Children of Atom, Children of Atom Friend, and Glowing Sea Children factions allies for my Crater of Atom settlement and will publish the newest version after I figure out how to add the player character to their factions when wearing their clothes. I messaged the author of the Disguises mod and am waiting to hear back from him/her.

Just thinking to myself. A quest could be made where you talk to Tommy and dialogue would pop up for fighting and once that is triggered you would be put in the arena and a raider would be spawned to fight. Upon beating the raider, the completion stage would be triggered and you could get caps from Tommy. As for the dialogue, it would be unvoiced unless someone can either approximate his voice or splice enough audio together for him to say the lines.

That's good news :) But the thing I was talking about Libertalia and the Northern Star was about making them non-hostile, not disgusing me so they dont attack me. Turning both those zones into interesting living Settlements like Diamond City, Far Harbor, Bunker Hill, The Covenant and so on. Changing them to NOT be from the Raider faction and changing their gear so that those on the small ships bellow where just normal settlers living their lives and those on the big ship would be some kind of "ex-minutemen mafia". As opposed to Raiders, Raiders, Raiders, Raiders. It's annoying that a lot of interesting places are only used for killing enemies, that's not how an RPG should be.

That's good news :smile: But the thing I was talking about Libertalia and the Northern Star was about making them non-hostile, not disgusing me so they dont attack me. Turning both those zones into interesting living Settlements like Diamond City, Far Harbor, Bunker Hill, The Covenant and so on. Changing them to NOT be from the Raider faction and changing their gear so that those on the small ships bellow where just normal settlers living their lives and those on the big ship would be some kind of "ex-minutemen mafia". As opposed to Raiders, Raiders, Raiders, Raiders. It's annoying that a lot of interesting places are only used for killing enemies, that's not how an RPG should be.

the problem with the raiders is they mostly belong to the same faction, you can't take lets say 20 and make them friendly, while the rest is still hostile

north star is prolly easyer depending in wat faction those are, if they have a own faction its just a matter of making them friendly/ally, give them a workshopscript make it a settlement and you can use them as settlers

the problem with the raiders is they mostly belong to the same faction, you can't take lets say 20 and make them friendly, while the rest is still hostile

north star is prolly easyer depending in wat faction those are, if they have a own faction its just a matter of making them friendly/ally, give them a workshopscript make it a settlement and you can use them as settlers

Then perhaps eliminate the ones in Libertalia and create new npc's for that zone?

Then perhaps eliminate the ones in Libertalia and create new npc's for that zone?

prolly more likely make a new faction put them all in that faction and make them friendly, but there is still tat synt for a quest, don't know if you put him in a new faction it screw up the quest

As for the dialogue, it would be unvoiced unless someone can either approximate his voice or splice enough audio together for him to say the lines.

I believe the dialogue is actually in-game, just not plugged in to any quests.