How do I change my username?

Phraya

so, I accidentally added a J into the middle of my username. Didn't catch it, and neither did my roommate who was walking me through the process. There is no way I will remember this error in the future, and i would like to keep this account tied to the same email. Help?

If there's nothing on this account you'd prefer to keep (posts, mod or image uploads, etc.), you can simply request its closure in the dedicated Account Closure Requests topic pinned at the top inside this same section.

This will close the account with the typo in the username and free up the email you used for it at the end. So you can just re-register another account with the proper username and using the same email again as last time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, is there any chance one of you kind fellows could change my username to "Rushlite" ?

I made my account back in 2009 to mod Oblivion, and back then I was using my current name because I was 13 :/

I've uploaded a mod for Skyrim on this account and pay for premium so I'd rather not make a new one...

Anyways, I've changed my online name since then and I'd love to update it on here as well. :)

Cheers!

hello! I don't mean to be a pain, since i first made this account in 2011 ive always wanted to change my username, i never knew this post existed.

the only reason i bought a pc was because of the nexus... well... and skyrim, my friend had a pc and i was blown away the first time he ever shew me this place.

i dont want to make a new one, ive had it for nearly 5 years now, its got a massive sentimental value to me lol

the username i use for everything i play is Micro Monsta.

would it be possible to have it swapped?

thanks for your time :)

long live the nexus! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Read through the topic, so apparently you can only close your account?

There's no way at all to just get a simple name change or even the ability to set a display name?

Why not just make it a part of the website where a user could change their name once a year?

Would rather not have to close my account just to get rid of a few numbers with my account already about 5 years old.

Since you read the thread I'm assuming you clicked the link and read this part too explaining why they don't allow users to change their name.

The I.P. Boards software used at the heart of the Nexus does not provide this capability. The amount of back-end work involved with a name change is astounding. Any and all topics, response posts, mods, images, etc., made under the original name have to be manually mapped to the new one. It is NOT something we do casually.

It is generally not something we do at all.

If you just don't like the name you chose when you signed-up, submit an

Account Closure Request, and you can pick a new one.

If there is some other, more specific and compelling reason involved, submit the details to Dark0ne using the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of every page.

And there's no guarantee that a "common" username will not already be snatched up. So if it bothers you that you've got random numbers in your username and want to go with just "Sean" that's likely not possible to begin with.

Edited by Oubliette

Since you read the thread I'm assuming you clicked the link and read this part too explaining why they don't allow users to change their name.

The I.P. Boards software used at the heart of the Nexus does not provide this capability. The amount of back-end work involved with a name change is astounding. Any and all topics, response posts, mods, images, etc., made under the original name have to be manually mapped to the new one. It is NOT something we do casually.

It is generally not something we do at all.

If you just don't like the name you chose when you signed-up, submit an

Account Closure Request, and you can pick a new one.

If there is some other, more specific and compelling reason involved, submit the details to Dark0ne using the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of every page.

And there's no guarantee that a "common" username will not already be snatched up. So if it bothers you that you've got random numbers in your username and want to go with just "Sean" that's likely not possible to begin with.

Yep, already checked that, but that is why I don't mean for a username change in the sense of my login, but for the display name. I also went through the user creation to find a variant of my username that would work without any numbers.

I've looked into IP Board a while back, there should be a way to allow users to set a display name which is different from the username used to login. Though not sure how a display name system would act with the link between the NexusForums and NexusMods. Though may be something that could be helpful to the people that do want to have a different name without needing to actually change their login details. Could even have it set for the user to only be able to change it once a year.

• 4 weeks later...