November 18, 2016

Hey guys,

So I'm having a bit of a crashing problem when fast traveling to Falkreath. The CTD happens close to the center where Grave Concoctions and the Jarl house is located. I can console command inside buildings but CTD the moment I exit outside. The same use to happen in previous Skyrim but somehow solved itself. I'm pretty sure it may be a mod I'm using but I don't want to disable everything one by one in order to find the problem.

My mods are:

I am also getting this exact same crash.

SMIM 2-03

Achievements Mods Enabler

Unread Books Glow SSE

Cutting room floor

Horse Whistle SE

Immersive Citizens

Immersive Patrols SE

Immersive Sounds

No NPC Greetings SE

Realistic Conversations

STones of Barenziah Quest Markers

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

I had this way back on an original playthrough of Skyrim and I stopped it by uninstalling SMIM. If that fixes it for you then you have a conflict between SMIM and something else making a change in Falkreath. Then you have to find what it is.

If of course removing SMIM stops the CTD.

Edited by Anya29

well tried every mods we had in common, game still crashing, except the USSEP.

Gonna try going to falkreath in a new game disabling all the mods, and then re enblaing them to try finding whihc one cause the crash...

UPDATE

Well f***. Disabled all the mods, and game keeps crashing when going to falkreath on a new save. But I got something... My game is supposed to be in french, and with all mods disable everything should be in french... But when I look at the map, falkreath keep falkreath name, not the french one (epervine)...

Gonna try to get new cells with waiting 31 days (I read somewhere that is was the time for the game to clean everything), to see if it do something. If not I'll try reinstalling skyrim, disabling the mod enabler and the enb... Even if I doubt it comes from here...

Edited by Azrael0610

Good news here.

I reinstalled the game, falkreath finally work, even if at first I was afraid because falkreath kept the name falkreath on the map, and didn't took the french one... But it worked.

Now I'll enable mods 1 by 1, and if I encounter one which make falkreath crash, I'll notify it here.

I just hope I'll be able to reaload my main save, that he won't be corrupted...

UPDATE

I begin to be really... surprised...

Let me explain : once skyrim was reinstalled I began re enabling mods, begin with the big one (like, USSEP, SMIM...) with could have an impact (at least I thought they could have) but no problem... Now there is only left just some texture or utilities which have no real impact on the game or the area... I have really no idea of what's going on...

UPDATE 2

Well actually I could have an idea, just it seems really strange to me...

Just one thing jonny do you ever used loot and tes edit to clean the ITM ? cause does anyone think that when cleaning the itm, it could f*** up smthg and delete something which is not supposed to be deleted and could f*** up the area of falkreath ?

I won't clean any ITM until I'll have re enable all my mods, so I'll update later...

UPDATE 3

All mods reinstalled, and no problems in falkreath... Guess it was a mod I don't have anymore, or I'll have problems after cleaning the ITM...

UPDATE 4

Well so I was right, cleaning the ITM is actually f***ing up the area.

Those were the file with ITM problems :

- update.esm

- heartfire.esm

- dragonborn.esm

- dawnguard.esm

Investagating which one is cause game to crash, but it seems to be heartfire... what a surprise. Will continue investigation to see if I can find which ITM, when delete, cause the game to crash)

UPDATE 5

So actually when cleaning the ITM of either heartfire.esm or dawnguard.esm, my save in falkreath does not load and CTD.

Annnnd since I don't know how to really use SSE edit apart from cleaning the ITM... I'll try to learn how to better use it, but not tonight... Just want to play and for the moment I'll just keep the 2 .esm file not clean... Or maybe not, I'm not sure I want to go further into it...

But at least falkreath is working x)

Edited by Azrael0610