Finnaly a solution for this bug, sorry my english is bad, guys it was SSEEdit, when i cleaned dawnguard.esm this bug started! Just restore the esm and it will be fine! well at least it worked for me! No more bugs in falkreath!

No. That's not a solution, instead you should follow this guide of how to clean the master files. And Arthmoor is correct, that issue you got has nothing to do when cleaning Dawnguard.esm.

Bit of a necro post, but this is the kind of thread likely to be 'googled' for years until the devs themselves finally release cleaned esm's (as in never...).

After following that guide. Making sure to even do the manual edits and do it all in the exact order it was listed, including the double clean of Dawnguard…

I now get CTD at "Pinewatch" just outside of Falkreath.

Which I was getting before the clean as well.

It was what motivated me to search out this thread again - last time I had followed the other advice - restoring me untouched esm's, which had fixed my CTD for Falkreath itself.

I guess I'll look at one by one removing every mod I added since the last time I brought a character by that spot...

• 2 weeks later...

Finnaly a solution for this bug, sorry my english is bad, guys it was SSEEdit, when i cleaned dawnguard.esm this bug started! Just restore the esm and it will be fine! well at least it worked for me! No more bugs in falkreath!

No. That's not a solution, instead you should follow this guide of how to clean the master files. And Arthmoor is correct, that issue you got has nothing to do when cleaning Dawnguard.esm.

Bit of a necro post, but this is the kind of thread likely to be 'googled' for years until the devs themselves finally release cleaned esm's (as in never...).

After following that guide. Making sure to even do the manual edits and do it all in the exact order it was listed, including the double clean of Dawnguard…

It was what motivated me to search out this thread again - last time I had followed the other advice - restoring me untouched esm's, which had fixed my CTD for Falkreath itself.

I guess I'll look at one by one removing every mod I added since the last time I brought a character by that spot...

I've followed the cleaning guide to the letter but still CTD at Falkreath EXTERIORS ONLY, I've succesfully COC my PC inside the local tavern but getting out caused CTD.

I've tried moving to Falkreath from Riverwood by foot and a bit after the Lakeview manor (not built yet) crashed to desktop.

I've received letter from Jarl calling me to go meet him at Falkreath but there is not ANY way to arrive there!

The ONLY MUTUAL MODS with others who have experienced the same issue is Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patches, therefore whether it is this mod or the master files must NOT been cleaned!

A lot of people say about mod "wet and cold" but I've never download/use it, thus we can discard it from the suspects list!

Edited by BUDYSHATVA

You really just need to use the SKSE Engine fixes mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

SKSE's current version is bugged. The info that engine fixes is super vital to avoid CTDs all over the place is only found in the 5th sticky note of the X32 mod... kinda obscure. So I missed it myself as well for a while there...

• 2 months later...

Azreal is right. I restored the DLC files update.esm, hearthfire.esm, dragonborn.esm, dawnguard.esm. So don't tessedit the DLC files unless you want to crash in certain areas. It fixed my ctd. didn't even have to fresh restart. Actually, this method fixed all my ctds that I have had before. I know I'm late but I'm happy with the results.

No. Azreal is wrong. Cleaning the official files will not cause this issue. It's a myth that cleaning the files causes any sort of problems. The problems are of your own making with bad mods and broken load orders.

• 1 year later...
Lmao, thats kinda funny bc it happens today with me, i think that this is a problem of the game, and not a mod problem, we all know bethesda.. i was actually tryng to find a mod to fix those ctds in falkreath cuz this is kinda irritating

• 1 month later...

Azrael0610: You're obviously not cleaning the master files properly. I have zero issues going to Falkreath or any other city in the game & I have over 1,800 Active Mods installed. If the game CTDs after cleaning the master files (Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm, & Dragonborn.esm), you obviously aren't cleaning the master files properly. Have you tried watching one of GamerPoet's videos regarding the proper way to clean the master files. The cleaning process has changed with the newer versions of SSE Edit. Manual cleaning is now obsolete in favor of Quick Auto Clean since Quick Auto Clean is more thorough & cleans out things that are missed with manual cleaning... You're obviously not doing something right & I strongly recommend you heading over to YouTube & search GamerPoets' videos for a tutorial on how to properly clean your master files using SSE Edit's Quick Auto Clean function...

ff7legend