Essential mods?

forskyrimmods

Can anyone list mods which are essential to Fallout 4? Like essential graphic mods , performance mods which doesn't sacrifice visuals , game play mods , immersion mods etc.

Just started playing Fallout 4 and never really modded the game so I am not familiar with the mods for Fallout 4.

Thanks in advance :D

Homemaker is a pretty popular settlement mod, it adds over 1000 items to the workshop menu you can build. There are two versions, the one that requires SKE (settlement keywords extended) and one without. Any mods that use SKE will reorganize the vanilla menus significantly and any mods that use vanilla menus won't be compatible (unless they use script injected menus) However many mods have moved away from the keywords system. But if you do decide to use a keywords mod (there are multiple), SKE is the only one currently being updated and supported. Personally I don't use Homemaker or SKE. The SKE organization would be nice to have but not enough of the mods I use are compatible. Homemaker just adds too much stuff that I don't want or need. But, I'm putting explanations of both in here because many many people prefer to use these.

Settlement Supplies Expanded also adds quite a few items to the workshop, it has some overlap with Homemaker but is mostly focusing on different things I believe. The nice thing about this mod is that Ethreon has taken over support for it so it's no longer abandoned and bugs are getting fixed.

Speaking of Ethreon, all his mods should be considered. If you would like additional structural mods, check out Snap N' Build by ad3do. DDProductions83 has quite a few essential mods. His Increased Building Limit Enhanced 4k is the safest to use of the mods that increase building budgets (not recommended on low end systems). Aside from that I also really like his DDP AIO Standalone which combines most of his popular building mods into one. Or if you prefer silliness, his Tina's Cookiepocalypse mod offers the same things along with a quest and a heavily revised loot system. StuykGaming also has a number of structural settlement mods that are great.

Then you have my favorite category, the clutter mods. OCDecorator is the most popular. It uses it's own injection menu so it's compatible with most things. It lets you build hundreds of small decorative items like typewriters, keys, vases, sporting goods, tools, etc. Pretty much anything small that you can loot and more. It requires that you already have one of those items in most cases to build it. But it builds a non-movable static which is great for decorating and not having your decor get knocked around by NPC's.

Then you have Dinozaurz's Do It Yourshelf mod which is a must have. Custom shelves with static decor and containers that automatically snap to the shelves. Dino also has a separate clutter mod with pre-made decor that you can use. Evanpox has a pre-made clutter mod and even better has a Modular Kitchen mod that adds both pre and post war kitchen building sets. MsRae has several mods that add clutter, gardening stuff, and custom containers. I'm still in progress working with all three of those authors on a combined, giant clutter mod which includes the work of everyone (plus new content) into one big mod. Not sure when we'll ever get the darn thing finished. It's pretty large. My part has pre-cluttered furniture for the lazy among other things. :D Elianora has a crafting mod that adds a few gems as well. Most of her work is player homes and clothing which are top notch.

Finally, to be as immersive as F#$%, you really want to check out Steve40's CWSS Craftable Working Showers Sinks Baths. It's a stunning mod. Steve40 has also contributed a few things to Evanpox's Modular Kitchen mod and the two together really make a settlement.

Gah, of course I forgot a bunch of stuff. If you prefer cleaner versions of things, check out dgulat's work. LupusYondergirl has Old World Plaids and Cozy Beds which offers cute furniture. Femshepping's Minimalist Homewares has cute furniture and decor also. Just Rugs by Friffy. Various clutter mods by xnjguy and Cartman1975. If you're building in small spaces, check out Compact Crafting by Fadingsignal.

If you want settlement buildings that were destroyed or closed in vanilla game to be made usable, check out rdunlap and PurpleRadiation's mods.

If you want improvements to the settlers, you'll want to check out Don't Call Me Settler and Better Settlers which work best together.

Finally, if you're going to scrap stuff, the two most popular are Spring Cleaning and Scrap Everything. However, Scrap Everything is currently supported while Spring Cleaning has been abandoned. Also, the technical approach Scrap Everything uses is a better way of doing things. Just make sure Scrap Everything goes at the end of your list.

Don't use HM and SSEX at the same time. They actually do overlap a lot and there's no point. OCD is not injected yet, but will be soon. Depending on when Nova stops playing SSE, you'll get a new HM as well.. improved and better looking. The rest are up to you and your PC power.