force recruting NPCs by console commands:

prid ff00ff00
removefromallfactions
ff00ff00.addtofaction 1c21c 1
setconsolescopequest followers
Setrelationshiprank player 4
Setplayerteammate 1
Forcerefintoalias companion

now have about 10 followers that I can't completely dismiss.

my input for dismiss:

prid ff00ff00

setconsolescopequest followers
removefac 23c01
removefromallfactions
setplayerteammate 0
Setrelationshiprank player 1
emptyrefalias companion

emptyrefalias dogmeatcompanion

they still running around my player character and I can't find how to completely dismiss them. please need suggestions.

edit: typed "sqv followers" command. looked at REF COL - it has records of follower's ID in ActiveCompanions lines. how to remove them?

Edited by ILLIANxTHERONE

PRID or click to select Companion

cf "actor.setcompanion" false false

thx for reply. this command accepted by console but don't work for me. they still follow

maybe some kind of another script by mod causing this. I used Unlimited Companion Framework by Expired6978 to recruit NPC where author set "R" key for this.

hey, @MasterMagnus where you get this command and what means "cf" function?! I can't find any information of this.

is these scripts commands helpfull for in-game actor's control by console input:

http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=companion&fulltext=Search

Edited by ILLIANxTHERONE

cf is CallFunction

cgf is CallGlobalFunction

They allow you to run functions defined in scripts from the console. I have no idea where or if they are documented and I can't remember where I got the info.

You can use them to call functions from the CK documentation too, if you address it all correctly and have the correct objects selected.

Edited by MasterMagnus

Oh and to the point. Unlimited Companion Framework (which is a fantastic mod from what I hear), is almost certainly the source of your problems. I would try to 'dismiss' them or get them to not follow through the mods functions if at all possible.

There is one other thing you can try. It is quite drastic and I'd consider it a last resort.

PRID or Click the Actor to select

cf "Actor.Reset"

OR to teleport the actor to you the player

cf "Actor.Reset" Player

I haven't tested those through the console, it may throw an error about "multiple scripts with the same function" or "No script found with that function" etc. You can also try cf "Reset" in that case. There is a way to do it, but you have to have the syntax just right.

Chime back in here if that doesn't work and we can probably get a reset figured out.

Some notes from the CK about Reset():

Notes
  • This function doesn't completely reset it to the esm like you might think. For instance, faction and relationship data isn't reset.
  • If the actor is dead, disabled, and has no enable parent, Reset will enable it. Otherwise, it does not change the enable state of the actor. So if the actor was marked 'Initially Disabled', it won't be disabled by the Reset call.
  • If the object being reset is not loaded, this optional parameter will do nothing, and the reset reference will be reset to it's editor location.

@MasterMagnus, appreciated for good detailed response. very useful information for me. I'll give a try to your suggestions after resurrecting my FO4 from re-installing.

it's so funny when you need to install a bunch of tweaks from good modding guys for Beth's games to fix them in proper way :smile:

Edited by ILLIANxTHERONE

Found documentation on CF() CallFunction()

http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=CallFunction

**EDIT**

Here's CGF() CallGlobalFunction()

http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=CallGlobalFunction

Oh wow found this also. This may be super handy.

CQF() CallQuestFunction()

http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=CallQuestFunction

Edited by MasterMagnus

• 1 year later...

Same situation for me. I have Casey the DJ as a companion but can't get rid of her in favor of Piper. Piper responds that she wishes to tag along but I do not get the reassign current companion to another settlement dialog for Casey.

Tried a few of the posted console commands to dismiss them and they did nothing as well.

• 1 year later...

Inside unlimited companion framework there is a "companion module" holotape, inside there is an option for "dismiss ineligable companions" i used this and it worked for me. it dismisses all but 1 i believe then you can recruit who you want after that

Edited by Zerglinged

• 2 months later...