Help me about reinstalling mod

ahsanrusyd

I installed 170 mods, but my installed mod is not to good.

1st issue

I want to uninstall all mod and install necessary mod, clean up list. I need to verify game cache again on steam after i uninstall all mod? Before that is it safe to uninstall all mod? Scripted mod etc. But i will install good mod for me.

2nd issue.

I installed breezehome mod that make i have underground hidden room, and fireplace(firewatch idk what it name) i read the mod page if i uninstall the mod it can make huge hole in my house. But i will install it again, so it is safe?

Sorry for my broken english :(

1. Anytime you move or delete a mod from an active save, you can screw up your game. This can potentially cause crashes to your desktop abruptly. Make sure that when you set up a modlist, you don't remove or move anything from it until you are ready to start a brand new game.

2. Because skyrim "bakes" scripts into your saved game, even if you were to remove a mod or move it, it can still cause issues. For that reason, when testing out mods, make sure you always test it on a new game.

3. If you are uninstalling all of your mods and want a fresh game that is vanilla before you reinstall mods, I suggest you do a clean install: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/906390-cleaning-skyrim-for-fresh-install/

4. As for your second issue, I'm just going to assume you are talking about Breezehome FullyUpgradable by SkullM0nkey? If so, if you are uninstalling the mod, I would buy back the kitchen upgrade so that the Breezehome location is back to normal, even if you are going to reinstall it.

5. Since you are reinstalling all your mods, I figured I'd leave you this template that can help you perhaps understand in what order you should place your mods.

Skyrim
Update
Dawnguard
Hearthfire
Dragonborn
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
[Other ESM files]
[Hi Res DLC]

[unofficial Hi Res]
SKSE Scripts (make sure these are properly installed and if you don't have it, you better get it.)
[Any mods that are utilities] (Bug fixes, safety load, better messagebox controls,...)
[All other ESPs]
[Custom Body Meshes] (Unp, CBBE, 7b)
[Custom Body Textures] (Mature Skin, SG Textures, Smooth Body for males)
[Mods that don't overwrite SMIM]
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
[Mods that overwrite SMIM]
[Animations]
[Custom Skeleton](Xp32mse,...)
Alternate Start
Bashed Patch (If using Wrye Bash)
Dual Sheath Patch (if Using it)
RSPatch (Last almost always)

6. If you are using Mod organizer, make sure that your left side pane matches the right side pane in order. Generally I will sort both in the above listed order, then run LOOT and hit Apply. Then afterwards I sort the LEFT pane to match the right again as LOOT will move some mods on the right. Also if using MO, make sure your overwrites folder is empty.

Edited by snelss0