Widescreen 21:9 HUD problems

Billy1969

So I got me a brand new computer with a ASUS 21:9 widescreen at 3440x1440 resolution and these last days I really struggle with making FNV run as it should. I arrived at the point where everything works as intended save one thing: The HUD (I use Asuka HUD and DarnUI) is way too big! I mean the fonts are really really big and take up a ridiculous ammount of space, this is also happening in the main menu, on the pipboy, terminals and so on.

I'm using the darnui fonts here :

[Fonts]
sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Medium.fnt
sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_VeryLarge02_Dialogs2.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt
sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_VL_dialogs.fnt
sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\Baked-in_Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Futura_Caps_Large.fnt
sFontFile_9=Textures\Fonts\NVFont_Test.fnt
everything else in the fnv ini files is adapted and working as it should in widescreen, the FOV, the scopes, the resolution etc etc, only these big fonts are killing me. I searched on several widescreen forums and with google but I'm either really tired and missing obvious stuff or there's nothing concrete to be found, if anyone has a fix or a solution please help out this old geezer :smile: thanks!
Edited by Billy1969

So, why are you choosing to use the default fonts? DarnUI comes with several choices of font size: 10, 13, 14, 16, 24. The larger the number, the bigger the font. Here is a mod with alternate higher resolution fonts designed for larger screens. You can add them to the list of other fonts. You are starting with the default game fonts. Only un-comment one (remove the ";") for each "sFontFile_#=" entry, and put a semi-colon in front of the unused fonts in case you need to revert to one. (Different fonts are used in different menus and messages.) Read the install instruction here carefully.

Recommend editing all three INI files to ensure you get the changes. You want to edit the "Fallout_Default.ini" in the game root folder, and the two in the "C:\Users\<YourAccountName>\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV" folder.

Note that if you are currently or have used "Mod Organizer", MO uses its own copies of "Fallout.ini" and "FalloutPrefs.ini" (from when the MO profile was created), located in "\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\<Your Profile Name>". These files need to be changed as well.

-Dubious-

Thank you dubious! sorry for the late response, turns out the problem was my own damn fault, as you indeed noticed I used the default fonts instead of the darn ones. I always back up everything and when transferring my game, savegames, mods and progress from my nas backup to my new PC I thought everything would work as intended but I forgot he launcher detected my new hardware and altered my .ini files, so I had to put the darn fonts back into them, now everyting is working great!