Vampire-side Infiltration Quest

GammaLead

EDIT: added more tags

So, I love being a pureblooded vampire. A lot. And the only way to get the best buffs (blood chalice, necklaces and rings of night power), is to join the Volkihar clan. I also love archery. A lot.

The downside?

If I'm a vampire, I cannot get enhanced crossbows or exploding bolts without resorting to console commands. I dislike breaking immersion like that, and no matter how hard I look for it, I have not seen a mod that lets you make all of the vanilla crossbow items unless you join the Dawnguard and get them naturally--The everpresent, snarky, "only if you finish the Dawnguard questline for enhanced..."

...I can't!

There are plenty of mods that let you use the normal crossbows, or add other crossbows, but not what I want (I don't want Deadric crossbows, or a ton of clutter in my smiting screen).

Bring forth the idea:

I was thinking. I'm a pureblooded vampire. I am a master of illusion. Back when I played as a vampire (first playthrough on Xbox 360--before I got my Alienware), I charmed the Dawnguard with high-leveled illusion spells and bought the spell tomes for Stendar's Aura and the sun magic spells (I particularly liked the AOE one). So, why can't I charm them into letting me "help the Dawnguard" for my own (and my clan's) benefit? Rise in their ranks as a real wolf in sheep's clothing, using them to root out the thin-bloods and trouble-makers? Learn the secrets to the enhanced crossbows and exploding bolts?

When you finish the Dawnguard questline, when you are tasked with destroying the Dawnguard, why not have a persuade option (or just a normal speech option--you are the new Volkihar Lord, after all) to actually infiltrate the Dawnguard, and to run quests for them?

How? One could get a mask from the face sculpter, use Mortal's Mask power from Better Vampires, use strong Illusion magic, etc. and pretend to be a human and join the ranks. Now since they are Vampire hunters, if you sneak in without any of the above, it would be like the Vanilla stage 4 vampirism: everyone is out to hunt you, regardless of vampirism level.

Once inside and in their good graces, you obviously can't re-do the main questline, but it would be possible to run radiant quests and special quests (runed shield, warhammer, crossbows, enhanced, and bolts) from the Dawnguard side.

Or, if that's too much, is it at all possible for someone to make a mod that actually lets a Volkihar vampire acquire an enhanced crossbow and exploding bolts? Maybe when doing the "Destroy the Dawnguard" quest, you find blueprints and plans in Sorine Jurard's possesion that then allows you to do so?

Cheers! And thank you to all who have read to the end! Your time is appreciated.

Edited by GammaLead