CTD's almost anywhere in the North-Eastern Region, even on vanilla install..

Dysphoric22

A mod author might use the root for a targeted zone in packaging, how though unlikely, Source materials in older mods are caught in two places, C:\source Or an app is using that target.

Some FoMod's, scripted installers might do it too, VIA an install manager reads it incorrectly and defaults to root of (C:).

A combination of different versions of Visual basics and .net component's can cause it too. Things used for packaging and unpackaging.

The premises held here are common. Dll's used for scripted installers are only two that remain common place.

common_place.jpg

That is if those are required for that game's installer?

There are others too that can be screwed up. But, the Snafu that takes place to cause wild system-wide surfing? that's a bad thing. Some mods have bad files in them too, written to them with right protection and the authors are NOT aware of this fact. Right protection has many forms, not JUST hidden or read only but in format control of the files for a system. Once a package is made, those files are not seen again until extracted.

Today, we have new world order software in the works "Windows 10" and the MS agenda. Bluntly stated, Eliminate all outdated unsigned files, some are listed /Blacklisted too and get deleted on install.

I sat here and discovered a simple USB HP Printer device for wireless connectivity and windows was deleting all the data while installing the product. Just wild as hell.

Boot into windows 7 and extracted to contents, zipped them up and moved them to the other OS, boot back into 10 and extract the data to a folder on the desktop, opened it up and sat there watching the files getting deleted automatically before my eyes.

So, it does not surprise me much any more what can happen on the new systems. Game companies and web sites are still playing catch up.

It is unfair, but it is going on.

Reading all the current complaints and researching some of them produces these results. Too many users are now using the new systems and are confused by what's not being seen. Erroneous software drifts. Conflicting software's used. Unlicensed software Identified as Obsolete.

Windows 10 will remove it all... and not say anything at all to the user.

But ,yes, it is important to write things down found like what you found. OR what I have shown you.

my friend from mars can whip something up to fix your crashes.

Thankfully I've already managed to work it out with some guidance from Purr, but thank you. ^-^

Geez though Purr, I hadn't heard about Windows 10 doing that until now. Crazy.. Although it doesn't surprise me considering the vast amount of other disconcerting and essentially totalitarian behavior it apparently gets up to.. I'm on 8.1, which isn't much better but hopefully doesn't do anything like that. O.o

Anyhow, best we can do is speculate at this point, sadly not much I can do about that.. An incorrectly read or poorly packaged FoMod seems the most likely scenario to me though, as the majority of mods I'd installed were done so in this manner. Question though: can an otherwise perfectly packaged FoMod be occasionally read/unpackaged incorrectly by NMM? Asking because most if not all of them were highly reputable mods, and I always did my best to follow their instructions to the letter. I'm admittedly unaware of the role VB and .net components potentially play in this process though..

Question though: can an otherwise perfectly packaged FoMod be occasionally read/unpackaged incorrectly by NMM?

Most certainly, NMM was always a Beta Endeavor and is recognized as a flawed system, Time and now money with Professional help has been brought in to fix the "Theme" as a web site tool for games it supports.

Nmm is a web site tool..it is used for connections to this web site to download, unpack, and install and uninstall data files produced from all over the world.

So many differences and methods used and the load placed on the servers this tool does, most definitely leaves the opportunity for corruption to take place.

There is an Entire thread Devoted to the facts about Beta testing.

You have older systems, hardware and software and new systems of software and hardware that this tool must over come.

It's silly to think it can with the load placed on it. Because of that load, and indifference between the mass public usages, errors, installer problems, NOW operating issues ? Oh yes my oh my yes.

every day at least 30 posts average of downloads , incomplete packages, some with no data in them too.

Advice here is given as to download all files manually and store them separately from the tools ; Any tools so you have complete packages not subjected to online scanning. That way you can inspect the packages using 7z archive tools, and 7z will extract fomod's. IF not? then the fomod is bad.

So every one is waiting for the new breed of tools to be completed, keeping all of this in mind and is currently in progress. "Privately"

I'm admittedly unaware of the role VB and .net components potentially play in this process though..

To that I say ,you seen what the nmm installer installs? What It requires as assets? .net and VB

It's a web site tool.

As for windows, here is the drivers I use for some of my devices, wireless devices that can only use these driver in order to work at all.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_130390_1

No where is ther support from or for this companies machine hard ware devices.

these drivers work well on 7, they are erased on install in windows 10 any version.

I caught windows 8.1 updates trying to uninstall these drives..Directly from MS, so yes, this is a fact of life.

This is a very very popular device ,all wall mart stores carry mostly HP units, DSKTPS, and LPTPS. and just imagine, windows 10 comes installed on them.

But their website updates obsoletes the installed hardware drivers. Just one big messy situation..with Xmas coming up too, Black Friday sales events, how many new problems are about to unfold?

Market share any one ? Seriously ?

HP graphics and games don't mix.

Hmm okay, yeah that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.. So what I've been doing since the reinstall is downloading everything manually and keeping them in a separate folder in case I need them again later, then choosing the 'add mod from file' option and installing; is it still susceptible to these issues when done this way? I sincerely apologize if I sound like an idiot, lol.. Feel like I'm probably missing something. :|

Hmm okay, yeah that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.. So what I've been doing since the reinstall is downloading everything manually and keeping them in a separate folder in case I need them again later, then choosing the 'add mod from file' option and installing;

This is correct.

is it still susceptible to these issues when done this way?

Can be, it depends on your PC and software conditions, versions, support "Background system files support".

I sincerely apologize if I sound like an idiot,

No one IS that. We choose to use the term "Newbie", Unfamiliar with how things works does not mean your one of those, we have enough in GOV to fill that post.

Feel like I'm probably missing something

Now that is a normal statement to make, We are all missing "Something in life".

BTW> Happy Thanks Giving.

I've had updates disabled since very early on for fear of this sort of thing, so hopefully I'm okay in that regard..

Effects networking only. Some of the hardware compatibility things might be available but, updates I no longer trust.